Author Topic: Summer rental in Colorado  (Read 2002 times)

expatmustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Summer rental in Colorado
« on: March 02, 2015, 06:38:31 AM »
Hello all,

My wife and I are international teachers who come back to the states every summer for R&R. As we we spend less than two months a year in the States, we do not own a home. This year we would like to spend the month of July in Colorado, but find the homes on airbnb, VRBO, etc. cost prohibitive for a mustachian. Any advice or connects?

Cheers,

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
Re: Summer rental in Colorado
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 06:08:56 AM »
Denver is a huge city with lots of options. If airbnd is too expensive for one month, then the next step would be camping. Most campgrounds have a 2 week limit, so you might have to rotate. Most campgrounds have showers. A fair amount of people camp illegally in the mountains outsides of expensive ski towns. It is a silent protest against high priced rent.

If you are hoping that someone will offer you free lodging, then I would just ask for it.

expatmustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 06:39:14 AM »
Not looking for free lodging, rather something more reasonable the $5K/mo. I reckon I could ask MMM to let us crash at his pad.

Good point on the camping. Even though I would have to buy all the gear necessary, it would beat paying premium Colorado vacation rents.

clarkfan1979

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 08:10:58 AM »
Capital Hill is the cheaper area of Denver that is somewhat close to downtown and not dangerous.

The post below is for $1596 for the month of July.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/915016?checkin=07%2F01%2F2015&checkout=07%2F31%2F2015&guests=2&s=8cKn

expatmustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 09:59:49 AM »
Thanks Clarkfan, looks like a nice place - I appreciate your efforts. I guess I should have mentioned  that I also have 2 younguns who are joining my wife and I on our Colorado summer adventure....the quest continues.   

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 11:58:25 AM »
Where do you want to be in Colorado? It's a big place.

-W

expatmustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 09:51:44 PM »
I'm pretty open - anything west/southwest of Denver.