Author Topic: Econohomes  (Read 3597 times)

shedinator

• Bristles
Econohomes
« on: May 09, 2012, 12:14:05 AM »
Does anyone have experience with Econohomes?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Econohomes
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 07:47:01 AM »
"Your source for properties under 100k" -- and then 5 total listings in Nevada?  With two marked sold and 1 marked pending?  So 2 available?  There are thousands in Vegas alone in reality, but this site lists only 1 in Vegas (the other is in Pahrump, a tiny town out in the sticks).

Basically it looks like a very tiny site with almost no inventory, not the place I'd start my search if I were looking for property.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

shedinator

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:53:20 AM »
"Your source for properties under 100k" -- and then 5 total listings in Nevada?  With two marked sold and 1 marked pending?  So 2 available?  There are thousands in Vegas alone in reality, but this site lists only 1 in Vegas (the other is in Pahrump, a tiny town out in the sticks).

Basically it looks like a very tiny site with almost no inventory, not the place I'd start my search if I were looking for property.

They have a broader inventory in other areas of the country. Are there other places you go to find the properties you purchase and fix up? I've been trying to find reputable places that sell homes @ wholesale prices, and they came up. Any suggestions for other sites that aren't realtytrac?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »

They have a broader inventory in other areas of the country. Are there other places you go to find the properties you purchase and fix up? I've been trying to find reputable places that sell homes @ wholesale prices, and they came up. Any suggestions for other sites that aren't realtytrac?

Yes, they do, but I was using that as an example of a reason their site doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Have you done a simple search on realtor.com with filters for price range and square footage and location?  I think that will get you a LOT more results.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Treedoc

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »
You can find a very good thread on Econohomes at the Fatwallet finance forums.  The main downside seems to be a sketchy title process where you do not recieve the title at closing and have to put a lot of money up front and accept too much risk.  I have no firsthand knowledge however. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!