Author Topic: Shopping for Mortgage - Penfed, Amerisave and Aimloan - anyone else?  (Read 3546 times)

KiloRomeo

• Stubble
Hi,

Contract just got accepted on a house. Loan amount for $160k, we're putting 20% down, excellent credit, no debt.

I've just applied with Penfed and I was going to apply with Amerisave and Aimloan. Anyone else I should apply with? Thoughts/suggestions?

NathanP

• Stubble
Re: Shopping for Mortgage - Penfed, Amerisave and Aimloan - anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 08:20:29 AM »
I don't have any additional names to add to your list..just a recommendation for PenFed. I have used them for both a re-fi and new mortgage and they were very easy to work with.

Hopefully you are using their Real Estate Rewards program to either drop the origination fee and/or pay zero closing costs. ( https://www.penfed.org/Real-Estate-Rewards/ ) I chose the 15/15 option on my last home purchase and only had to pay for the home inspection and title insurance. The rate was competitive.

acroy

• Handlebar Stache
    • SWAMI
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 08:32:03 AM »
Self and several of my co-workers had great success with Aimloan.
Transparent rates, fast, cheap. 2 thumb's up.

KiloRomeo

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 08:50:35 AM »
I don't have any additional names to add to your list..just a recommendation for PenFed. I have used them for both a re-fi and new mortgage and they were very easy to work with.

Hopefully you are using their Real Estate Rewards program to either drop the origination fee and/or pay zero closing costs. ( https://www.penfed.org/Real-Estate-Rewards/ ) I chose the 15/15 option on my last home purchase and only had to pay for the home inspection and title insurance. The rate was competitive.

Shoot, looks like it's too late for that. We already have a realtor...

KiloRomeo

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 09:17:07 AM »
I've come up with this collection of rates/payments. Seems pretty stupid not to buy the points if we plan on staying here at least 5 years(ideally we would convert it to a rental in the future)

KiloRomeo

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 09:36:33 AM »
I have a feeling these closing costs numbers are kind of pulled out of the air. Should I just be shopping based of APR?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!