Author Topic: Selling a house remotely - Redfin or traditional broker  (Read 1926 times)

rubor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Selling a house remotely - Redfin or traditional broker
« on: August 02, 2014, 07:20:43 PM »
I've seen a lot of good reviews for Redfin's model for buying a house. Has anyone ever used them to SELL a house? Any advice for or against using them?

I would go the true Mustachian way and sell the house myself, but we have long since moved far away.

escolegrove

• Stubble
    • Reluctant Landlord
Re: Selling a house remotely - Redfin or traditional broker
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »
I assisted my parents in selling their house last year. I truly can say that having an amazing traditional real estate agent was key to our success.

Another Reader

• Walrus Stache
Re: Selling a house remotely - Redfin or traditional broker
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:53:53 AM »
Redfin uses the rebate gimmick to get people to use them.  Usually you can negotiate a similar discount with a full commission agent.  Anyone can show houses and write a contract.  Selling remotely is easier with an experienced agent that works in the neighborhood where the house is located, so I would focus on finding a couple of those agents and then discussing price and marketing with them.  The slower the market, the more important it is to get an agent that will price the property correctly when it is listed. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!