Author Topic: Recommendations for long distance purchase in Boynton Beach FL  (Read 1356 times)

DavidInDc

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Recommendations for long distance purchase in Boynton Beach FL
« on: December 27, 2015, 09:44:52 AM »
I am looking to purchase a house in Boynton Beach, FL for my in laws in the next 5 months. My in-laws live there currently but their rents keep getting raised and we want to get them more stable housing costs and save them some money to help all of our piece of mind.  Not an investment maybe, but an investment in mental health for every body involved.  Looking for something to break even after mortgage, taxes, HOA, maintenance, insurance, etc.

Since I am long distance and my in-laws don't have a lot of experience, I am coming to this forum to ask if anyone has recommendations for professionals in Boynton Beach or the surrounding area?

Looking for:
Realtor
Home Inspector
Contractor

Thanks in advance

iamlindoro

• Handlebar Stache
    • The Earth Awaits
Re: Recommendations for long distance purchase in Boynton Beach FL
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 01:25:23 PM »
BiggerPockets is likely to be the better place to find all of the above.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=Boynton+Beach

The search above will default to the People tab (which can be helpful too), but the forum results tab is likely to be more helpful.  What specifically you should be looking for will depend on what kind of deal you want to get yourself in to.  If you plan to buy a property with issues for cash and then renovate, you may be able to find a wholesaler on BP.  If not, you can find an agent used to dealing with investors, and check their endorsements.  At the very least you'll be able to ask people with knowledge of the area for input on neighborhoods, contractors, and inspection.

LiveLean

• Pencil Stache
    • ToLiveLean
Re: Recommendations for long distance purchase in Boynton Beach FL
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 06:01:01 PM »
Just remember the two biggest COL in Florida are property taxes and especially insurance -- neither of which are a factor with your parents renting. Obviously there are other concerns here, but the rent vs. own equation in Florida often comes out ahead in favor of renting.