Author Topic: Real estate investing in Birmingham, AL  (Read 1250 times)

omega13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Real estate investing in Birmingham, AL
« on: December 27, 2016, 12:12:09 PM »
Hi all,

Does anybody here have any experience with real estate investing in Birmingham, AL and care to share their experiences and recommendations? I've been talking to a local real estate investor and he mentioned to me that the Birmingham market seems to have  opportunities that seem better than what's currently available in OR. I'm more interested in buy-and-hold opportunities since I don't have much experience with flipping. 

I've been doing some research and that does seem to be the case. Downtown Birmingham doesn't seem to be the best area though so I'm looking at what opportunities might be in the outskirts, Vestavia Hills, Trusville etc.

I've scouted the local market for the past 9 months and would have much preferred local properties within driving instance but the astronomical cost of entry and the fact that the numbers don't make sense have been prohibitive.

It would be great to get some feedback whether here or via pm.

Thanks everybody and hope you are enjoying the holidays!
Omega
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 06:22:47 PM by omega13 »

omega13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Real estate investing in Birmingham, AL
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:37:01 PM »
Bump :)

rothwem

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 07:05:14 AM »
I'd check out Biggerpockets, they've got a pretty good community and I think you'll be able to find some info there. 

omega13

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 02:02:10 AM »
Yes, that was one of the first places I went to. I like BiggerPockets. However, it seems they have gotten to be so big that it's hard at times to separate good advice from bad.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!