Author Topic: PenFed vs Aimloan for cash out refi - question about PenFed  (Read 1834 times)

Marvel2017

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
PenFed vs Aimloan for cash out refi - question about PenFed
« on: September 23, 2016, 08:14:59 AM »
I've applied with Aim loan, but just found PenFed so want to apply with them as well, but when I go through the online process there is a part about having to give a credit card and that I would be responsible for certain (unnamed) charges they incur during the process if I am denied or the loan doesn't close. I don't anticipate being denied but my goal in applying with PenFed is to compare to Aimloan for the best rate. I'm in top tier credit, assets, etc so want the best rate.

I figure now is a good time with the rates just dropping a little and pending Fed increase by end of year from what people are saying so I'd like to get something locked in soon. Thanks!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: PenFed vs Aimloan for cash out refi - question about PenFed
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:38:10 PM »
I don't see a question in your post.  :)

I'm assuming you mean to ask what type of charges they do?  Why not ask them?  It's likely related to pulling your credit and/or doing an appraisal.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

sirdoug007

• Pencil Stache
Re: PenFed vs Aimloan for cash out refi - question about PenFed
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 08:05:45 PM »
Their best mortgage rates are advertised here: https://www.penfed.org/Compare-Mortgage-Loans/?mboxSession=1474682585541-277016

The card is for cash outlays they make before closing such as an appraisal or credit check as arebelspy mentioned.

In my experience if you have a >700 credit score you are a pretty good chance to get their advertised rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk