Author Topic: Part Time Fire Gig - Home Inspector?  (Read 868 times)

Jon Bon

• Handlebar Stache
Part Time Fire Gig - Home Inspector?
« on: February 26, 2020, 10:45:57 AM »
Has anyone looked into this? Does not look like the barriers to entry are too high.

Some online classroom time, joining a professional organization, and passing an exam. I would not mind doing 1-2 inspections a week. Something for some income, but I for sure don't want 'a job' if you will.

What say you?

Fishindude

• Magnum Stache
Re: Part Time Fire Gig - Home Inspector?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 12:36:39 PM »
Would be a pretty easy gig, just make sure you have a contract that exempts you from any liability for things you didn't see that need to be repaired.
Have heard numerous people griping about inspectors missing stuff.

Jon Bon

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Part Time Fire Gig - Home Inspector?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 08:13:31 AM »
Yes I see those threads all the time. I also see them asking if they should sue, in which everyone responds that they should not.

In theory I'd either work for a big company who would go to bat for me on that, and or own my own small business, it would have very little in the way of resources (as I would keep it that way) so there would really be no assets to go after? Granted that still sounds like a super shitty thing to happen to you.

The licencing requirements are not too strict, I was taking some test questions and they did not feel very hard before taking any of the training.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!