Author Topic: Online resources for lease, tenant application, etc.  (Read 1588 times)

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
Online resources for lease, tenant application, etc.
« on: February 28, 2016, 08:03:32 AM »
I am in the process of finding a tenant for my basement apartment. Can anyone recommend a good website for forms like a good tenant application, a lease template, etc. ?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Online resources for lease, tenant application, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 11:24:50 AM »
The application can just be a simple list of questions you want answered, or you can look online for ideas.  Make sure it's compliant with fair housing stuff (i.e. no questions you can't ask), but it's mostly up to you what sort of information you want to know based on your rental guidelines.

As far as the lease, I wouldn't get one from a website, because it'll vary so much by location.

Look for a lease that your local association of Realtors uses--they likely have one that's more specific to your state and local laws and has been tested/vetted by lawyers and the courts.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

antifragilista320

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 04:45:17 PM »
Cozy.co does online applications and background checks for you (for a fee I believe). Worth checking out! I use it primarily for rent collection.

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »
Cozy.co does online applications and background checks for you (for a fee I believe). Worth checking out! I use it primarily for rent collection.

Thank you! I found an inline source for leases and applications that are compliant with my state laws and for a fee are available in an editable format. I will check out cozy too.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!