Author Topic: Need a landlord insurance policy for one month. ideas?  (Read 938 times)

Lake161

• Stubble
Need a landlord insurance policy for one month. ideas?
« on: July 13, 2016, 06:14:26 PM »
We rented out our primary residence for 1 year plus one month while we were overseas. Because it is in a wild land fire hazard area, my regular insurer (USAA) wouldn't do a landlord policy. We found a supplemental lines policy through LLoyds for the year. I had hoped we could just extend it for one month, but it turns out they don't renew policies automatically, and we have to start from scratch with the renewal. Lloyds will do it, but they want a three month minimum plus we have to pay the full $200 fee to our broker.

Options? Anyone know a company that writes landlord policies that would do such a short term policy? We will start up our regular homeowners policy as soon as we move back in, but my understanding is that if we started it earlier, while the tenants are still in the house, it wouldn't be valid. Is that correct?

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
Re: Need a landlord insurance policy for one month. ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 06:21:21 PM »
Try these guys http://www.affinitygm.com/contact

They were able to insure stuff for me at a decent rate. I can't imagine they'd *want* to do one month insurance to be honest, I can't imagine anyone would, but you can give them a go.