Author Topic: Mortgage with Chase?  (Read 534 times)

Gatsby

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Mortgage with Chase?
« on: January 31, 2021, 06:48:42 AM »
First time buyer here, curious to know any experiences folks have had with Chase bank on the mortgage side.
Long time customer and see that there rates are quite a bit better in my area than some of the smaller/local banks.

Duke03

• Bristles
Re: Mortgage with Chase?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 10:27:09 AM »
My personal experience with multiple loan servicing companies during my life is they are all pretty easy to deal with as long as you pay them on time every month.  The only one that would be a hard no is Ocwen Loan Servicing.  They are the scum of the earth.  They where a subprime mortgage company that bought up just enough good loans to make their balance sheet look ok.

srad

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:14:49 AM »
I've found that Chase rates aren't that great. I've done a lot of shopping around a before getting mortgages.  Assuming this is for a primary residence, look at these two internet companies.  They were the easiest to work with and had by far the best costs: 

FirstBank, Loan Depot   

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 07:33:34 AM »
Our last refinance in 2013 was done through a broker and Chase bought the loan. Been paying them for 8 years now and never had a problem. Can't speak to their origination/closing process.

srad

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 08:52:36 AM »
Duke and Mr Green,  i believe OP is asking about originating a mortgage.  You have no choice in who the servicer will be.  Even a small bank could end up selling the loan to someone using Ocwen as their servicer.. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!