Author Topic: Marketing FSBO, particularly to buyers agents  (Read 1716 times)

tag

• Stubble
Marketing FSBO, particularly to buyers agents
« on: April 21, 2018, 01:56:04 AM »
We live in a too-fancy Country Club where FSBO is unheard of. HOA won’t let me put signs around the neighborhood advertising an open house if it’s FSBO. Which is fine because INTERNET.

I’d love for people to weigh in on marketing strategies in this situation - both to buyers and agents.

-Obviously Zillow. Is it naive to think that is enough?
-Craigslist
-Facebook - should I create a page for our house so I can share the link?
-forsalebyowner.com

Anything else I could do specifically to advertise the open house to agents?

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
Re: Marketing FSBO, particularly to buyers agents
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 04:24:15 PM »
   All of the above, there are also a number of companies that will stick your house in the MLS system where 90% of transactions happen for a flat fee. Google it and search around, not all companies operate in all states.

GHG7F0

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 06:15:47 PM »
I used a company that charged a flat fee of $2995 plus what I wanted to offer for the buyers agent which was 2.5% in my case. This saved me a lot of money. There are many flat fee companies online that can get you on the MLS which is vital.

Jon Bon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:29:22 AM »
+1 Flat fee.

It cost's $500 bucks where I live and it gets you into the MLS. I have done it twice with great results both times.

Really it depends where you are. Some places NAR is more powerful than others, so results may vary.

Livethedream

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 08:23:46 PM »
I’ve sold my last two houses FSBO  with craigslist, Zillow, the second house I paid a flat fee to have it listed on MLS with note for 1% finders fee for agent who refers client. I had about 4 agents who showed the house.

First house $155k, sold 1 day.
Second, 268k maybe 35 days.

$423k 6% = $25k.

All in all I spent maybe 80 hours total to save $25k minus a few expenses. Make sure to get a BPO so you are priced accordingly.

FiftyIsTheNewTwenty

• Stubble
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 01:56:31 PM »
^^^  Did you put anything in your ads to discourage agents from harassing you to get the listing?  They can be pretty obnoxious!

Livethedream

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 08:02:10 PM »
^^^  Did you put anything in your ads to discourage agents from harassing you to get the listing?  They can be pretty obnoxious!

On the second house I think I had maybe 4 agents call and ask if I was interested in listing with them, giving me their sales pitch. Several offered discounted rates of 4%.