Author Topic: Looking for warmer place to rent this winter - east coast US probably..?  (Read 2010 times)

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
Last winter was, again, 'brutal' here in Canada. I want to GTFO for a couple of months this year. Ideally I want to be able to drive (wife might be pregnant, might not stay as long, etc), so we're looking to go south from Ottawa to where it is warmer, not necessarily warm. I don't mind freezing, I don't mind a few degrees below zero (Celsius!), but the 3-4 months of below zero and getting down to -30 at times has done me in.

So - any suggestions, recommendations for websites? I'm not fussed with Florida, it's fine but from the sounds of things expensive in particularly the months we'd want to be away - mid Jan to mid March probably.

IF we're going to fly, we'll probably go to France. If we're not, and we probably won't, east coast is it - ideally on the water I suppose. Savannah, GA? Charleston?

Cheers!

CashFlowDiaries

• Stubble
  • Follow me on my journey to Financial Freedom!
    • Cash Flow Diaries
I grew up in the Washington DC area, now live in Austin, TX. I have been to at least 20 states and if I were ever to move back to the east coast, it would definitely be in North Carolina, probably Charlotte area.  You should look into that area if you are interested in the East coast.

ShoulderThingThatGoesUp

• Magnum Stache
The New Jersey Shore should be cheap in winter, and is probably the most mild you can get within easy driving distance of Ottawa.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
Thanks.. I have heard Charlotte is nice.

Any suggestions for places to look? Craigslist or something more specific?

"Charlotte Winter medium term furnished rental" into Google.. hmm actually does bring up a few sites.

ohana

• Stubble
    • An Ocean Lover in Maine
Beaufort, NC.  On the water, warm, cheap in winter.

Have a burger, all the way, at the Royal James for me.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
What about house sitting? 

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
What about house sitting?

That would certainly work for me. Do you have any website suggestions?