Author Topic: Landlording site  (Read 4748 times)

unitsinc

• Stubble
Landlording site
« on: November 02, 2012, 04:34:48 PM »
I know a site has been mentioned here a few times as being an excellent source of information, but I can't seem to recall the name of it, nor can I find a mention of it.

Any help?

jawisco

• Stubble
Re: Landlording site
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 04:55:19 PM »
I bet its Bigger Pockets that you are talking about...

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
Yup, BiggerPockets.com is a great real estate resource.

It's not landlording specific, but for all things real estate.  So it has plenty of landlording stuff.  There are some other good (landlord specific) resources found through google as well.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Nords

• Magnum Stache
    • Military Retirement & Financial Independence blog
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 08:45:08 PM »
I know a site has been mentioned here a few times as being an excellent source of information, but I can't seem to recall the name of it, nor can I find a mention of it.
Any help?
I enjoy the financial analysis posts on Frank Gallinelli's blog:
http://realdata.com/blog/

I've never used the product.  I just appreciate the no-nonsense financial analysis.

KingCoin

• Pencil Stache
  • Achieved FI @ 30
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 08:58:15 AM »
Any advice on how to get the most out of BiggerPockets? The number of articles, blog posts, and forum threads is pretty overwhelming (at least compared to the MMM blog). My particular interest in buying non-locally in an all-cash deal and renting through a property manager, though I wouldn't mind a more broad nuts and bolts education.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 09:29:43 AM »
Any advice on how to get the most out of BiggerPockets?

Based on what you want, just the search features and browsing it semi-regularly and clicking on topics that look interesting to you.

Post up a question on their forums asking for good links, books, etc. related to what you want to do (distance landlording).
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

unitsinc

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:01:43 AM »
Yep! Bigger Pockets! Thanks guys.

Skyn_Flynt

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »
I like www.MrLandLord.com

Lots of crusty old landlords on there talking about *ALL* the problems that come with rentals and how they handle them.

Kazimieras

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »
While a narrow segment of the forums, landlords on Canada (specifically Ontario) have a great support site:
http://www.ontariolandlords.org/
(also handy if you're a tenant wanting advice)