Author Topic: How to prove/remove mandatory city garbage collection liens from property?  (Read 555 times)

Fru-Gal

• Handlebar Stache
Hi there wise ones, I am trying to refinance (still!!!) and 3 old minor garbage collection liens (2012, 2014) that I paid in person to the city PRIOR to my refinance in 2017 are showing back up as Lien Notices according to title company.  Working with existing title company and new title company and bank, cannot find proof these are paid. Searching the awful county recorder site, there is no way to see any kind of result/clearance/resolution for these documents, just that they exist. Also just emailed county recorder with the document numbers in question. Argh! Help?

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
How did you pay? If via check or credit card, do you have the statements?

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
Well, if you can't prove that you paid it, the easiest option may be to just pay them again. And make sure you have proof this time.

Duke03

• Bristles
Geez what a mess.  Sorry you are seeing how inefficient local governments can be.  I've been burned way to many times in the past so now anytime I have to pay the city, county, or a hospital I keep a copy of the receipt for life.  Just a couple months ago I had a collection agency contact me for a bill that I paid a hospital 4.5 years ago.  Imagine their surprise when I showed the receipt from the hospital with an account paid in full stamp.  I wonder how many people they pull this crap on.....