Author Topic: How To Find (and kill?) RE Cold Callers  (Read 1326 times)

Jon Bon

• Handlebar Stache
How To Find (and kill?) RE Cold Callers
« on: February 10, 2020, 09:54:02 AM »
My phone has been blowing up this morning. These spam/cold callers are driving me crazy. The current one makes 2 quick calls so you have 2 missed calls from the new number and perhaps call her back?

I have enough houses that the process just gets repeated enough to be really annoying. The yellow letter guys I dont mind as much as that just goes in the trash. I do think that most of these guys are scum anyways just looking to con old people out of selling their house at 50% of its value.

Does anyone have an experience on how to get off these guys radar, or extract some sort of overly complicated diabolic revenge on them?

JLee

• Walrus Stache

Another Reader

• Walrus Stache
Re: How To Find (and kill?) RE Cold Callers
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 07:09:02 PM »
I get 10-30 calls and/or texts a day on the home phone.  Comcast's spam filter catches some but not all.  No point in blocking numbers, they just change them.  Usually I get a couple calls or texts  on the cell phone, sometimes more.  I get zero to 10 solicitations daily in the mail.  I open anything that's in an envelope and not identifiable to make sure someone isn't running a scam to acquire title in some way.  I also check my name the recorded documents monthly since I read someone had fraudulently acquired a property from an out of state owner and the fraudulent deed was recorded.

If you find a solution, please post.  I pick up when I'm expecting a call from a vendor or tenant, and it's annoying to tell them to remove the number from the calling list and do not call again.

Papa bear

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 07:59:05 AM »
I finally got fed up with the same damn place calling me 8 times a day.  I do end up talking with some of these third party dial places, and they will, on occasion give out the company name that is searching.

A bit of internet sleuthing and I found the owner’s cell number.  Call them.  Until they answer.  And depending on how much of a prick they are, adjust your strategy accordingly.  The guy I talked to was cool, he found my info on 6 of his lists and pulled off my info. Then I told him that when he gets one of those people who actually sell, wholesale it and give me a call back so I can buy the damn thing.  Haven’t gotten a call back yet. But isn’t that the primary point of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 07:47:28 AM »
I talk with them.  Ask them to hold on a minute, just set the phone down for 30 seconds, talk some more, ask to hold....  The goal is to waste their time enough that they take you off the list.  Tell them no real information.  This can work with scammers from India as well.  Yes, my credit card interest is high.  Yah...wait, my number is 1234 5689 9012 and the expiration date is 03/19.  What?  My card is expired?  Oh My God!  What am I going to do?  Can you help me here?  I have all my bill pays on that card....  (actual conversation I had with some Indian guy for 25 minutes till he finally figured it out, swore at me and hung up).