Author Topic: Frustration With Realtor  (Read 1124 times)

Fishindude

• Magnum Stache
Frustration With Realtor
« on: February 23, 2018, 09:31:40 AM »
There is a piece of investment property not too far from me that has been for sale for over a year.   I've been interested since I first saw it, but sat back patiently because I think they have it a bit over priced and given time my thoughts are that they might take a lower offer.

Contacted the realtor almost four weeks ago, said I was interested but wanted to first see the boundary survey, property lines, an aerial or something like that, and that I wanted to walk the property.   Have made at least three follow up contacts asking if she has come up with anything and it's always the same answer .... "I'm working on it, trying".

Since this is in the multiple listings, I'm thinking about going direct to the owner or contacting another realtor to see if I can get a little better response / service.
Anything wrong with this?

Penelope Vandergast

• Stubble
Re: Frustration With Realtor
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »
If you didn't sign anything with the first realtor then no, there isn't any issue with your contacting someone else.

SwordGuy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 10:39:49 AM »
County property tax dept would have address of the property owner.

Contact them directly, explain situation, and say you aren't getting the assistance you need from their realtor to buy their property.

Duke03

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 06:44:53 PM »
You just found the golden rule of Realtors. 95% of all Realtors you come in contact with fall into two categories.  Either they are Grandmas or they are idiots and some are both!  I'm a cash buyer on some land and had to talk to 4 different realtors before I could find one that would put my offer in for me.  The first 3 claimed I was offering too low of an amount.  LOL this is for a piece of property that has been on the market for over a year and they all thought I should pay asking price.  I don't have time for idiots nor this kind of non sense. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!