Author Topic: Finding short term rentals  (Read 1342 times)

intellectsucks

• Bristles
Finding short term rentals
« on: August 01, 2017, 08:23:58 AM »
What is the best way to find a decent month to month housing rental in the Philadelphia area for a family of five (2 adults, one toddler, two infants)?  Between the sale of our home and the purchase of our new home, there will likely be a one month gap, however it could be longer because we are purchasing a short sale.  The shortest lease I’ve been able to find via my research is three months.  Any advice is appreciated.

Bliss

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Finding short term rentals
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »
We were recently in a similar situation and went with a rolling 3-month lease. The only other option we considered was a corporate apartment, which was a lot more expensive but more flexible with dates. You can also check to see if there are any long-stay hotels in your area, but this also gets expensive.

Good luck!

NoNonsenseLandlord

• Bristles
    • No Nonsense Landlord
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:19:55 AM »
If  you are renting during a slower time, i.e inter, it may be easier.  I would have a hard time trying to rent to you during my prime summer months, only to have a vacancy in the winter due to your occupancy.

Try an extended stay housing.  Or rent the home you are selling back from the new buyers.  Or delay the closing as much as you can.

patchyfacialhair

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »
Are the buyers of your home willing to do a rent-back?

We did that for our recent home purchase, but it was only for a week. They paid us a prorated fair market value rent and we held a security deposit.