Author Topic: Employment and Income Verification  (Read 1721 times)

cshaw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Employment and Income Verification
« on: February 06, 2015, 10:26:54 PM »
This has likely been addressed in the past, but I couldn't find an specific posts regarding Employment and Income Verification.  I apologize if this has been addressed at length all ready.  I'm curious if you landlords typically do your own income/employment verification or outsource it?  I've been looking at Tenantify and wonder if anyone has used them or any other company that does this service for you?  Thanks.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Employment and Income Verification
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 11:45:38 AM »
I have a service (SmartMove) for credit/criminal check, but I do my own employment/income verification.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Blindsquirrel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 05:54:33 PM »
 Income verification from pay stubs or tax returns, employment, I call myself.

cshaw

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 04:04:51 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. 

powskier

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 12:47:57 AM »
DIY for sure. Better value for dollar and you can pick up on certain things that a "professional" service can miss, for example actually showing up at alleged place of employment rather than just calling prospective tenants friend who is pretending to be his boss......