Author Topic: Do I need an RE agent for master plan new home construction?  (Read 758 times)

lefty

• Stubble
Do I need an RE agent for master plan new home construction?
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »
Was thinking about viewing new master planned construction homes for the first time. Is it necessary to bring a real estate agent along?

Open to ideas, options and suggestions.

Thanks.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
Re: Do I need an RE agent for master plan new home construction?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 01:16:03 PM »
What is a "master planned construction home?" Is that just a tract home built in a master planned community?

Duke03

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 09:16:02 PM »
When I built my last house in a master planned neighborhood. I went and talked to the sales guys and asked if they could refer any good realtors that knew how to get a deal done.  They normally work with a couple that will do corporate relocations, move ups ect.  They gave me the number to a pretty good realtor.  We met did our song and dance ect.  She ended up paying me to sell my old house in the form of she refunded me all the realtors fees plus $500 when I closed on the new more expensive house.  She sold my old house in one day for over asking price and paid to stage it and take really nice pictures.  When it came time to negotiate with the builder I did all the work.  I knew going into the deal she was too chummy with the builder and wouldn't get me the best price.  No problem because I love to negotiate.  I ended up getting them to knock 35k off the price.  She was even blown away I got that much knocked off.  At the end of the day I was happy with her and will use her again.  My advice is to use a realtor regardless because the builder has already factored in paying them in.  If you don't use a realtor the builder will just keep that money in their pocket.  They will not give it up to you. 

lefty

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 09:29:02 PM »
Great

Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk