Author Topic: DC Rental Options  (Read 1221 times)

zephyr911

• Magnum Stache
  • I'm just happy to be here. \m/ ^_^ \m/
    • Pinhook Development LLC
DC Rental Options
« on: March 17, 2016, 01:37:46 PM »
I have a cousin who just got transferred to the DC area on short notice, to be the GM of a big restaurant in the National Harbor complex. Cuz is making something like $90K + bonuses, has a small car payment but no other debt that I know of, so he should be able to save a ton if he keeps costs down. He has been working on a Stash in the last year, and last night he came up to see me on my temporary assignment in PA. He mentioned that his last job was a temp location and housing was covered, so even with a raise, keeping costs down is key to making this move a positive thing.

He doesn't want too much of a commute, and he's mostly looking across the river in VA... I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions.

Frs1661

• Stubble
Re: DC Rental Options
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 01:23:55 PM »
I live in the area. He's looking at 1100-1400 for a studio/1br and $1600+ for a 2br. Roommates are a good idea to keep costs down.  I'd recommend looking at Del Ray, it's an improving area with lots of good shops and restaurants/bars. It's off the metro, which keeps the rent down a bit. Could be bikable to national harbor (5mi) depending on his level of badassity.

The Maryland side of the river is still pretty rough outside of the national harbor complex, and the housing in the complex is exorbitant.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk