Author Topic: Commercial property -- where to look for deals?  (Read 1068 times)

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
Commercial property -- where to look for deals?
« on: January 11, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »
I've been thinking about the possibility of buying a small commercial building, something suitable for auto shop bays or other similar uses.  My goal would be to rent out some space(s) and use the rest for my own car hobby/fabrication business. 

Looking online for listings, I don't see the sort of large sites like Zillow and the like that are available for residential properties.  Where should I be looking, or to whom should I be talking? 

Thoughts appreciated; this is very early stage, basically just brainstorming how to get more space to work and make it profitable at the same time.

Another Reader

• Walrus Stache
Re: Commercial property -- where to look for deals?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »
You could try Loopnet, but a local commercial broker would probably be more help.  Drive around the areas of interest and ask the business owners in the neighborhood.  Often they know what's up before the brokers do.

kendallf

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Commercial property -- where to look for deals?
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 07:02:23 PM »
You could try Loopnet, but a local commercial broker would probably be more help.  Drive around the areas of interest and ask the business owners in the neighborhood.  Often they know what's up before the brokers do.

Thanks!  Browsing around on Loopnet tonight.  I actually found one there that I think looks interesting; lots more homework to do, but I rode by it tonight. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!