Author Topic: Buying property through hubzu; Any opinions or advice?  (Read 2655 times)

fixer-upper

• Bristles
Buying property through hubzu; Any opinions or advice?
« on: March 25, 2014, 12:43:11 AM »
I'm looking at a property auction on hubzu, and wondering if anyone here has experience with them.  Good, bad, run away, etc...

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
Re: Buying property through hubzu; Any opinions or advice?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 12:50:46 AM »
This scam product has been discussed here before.  Stay away.  It's a marketing ploy.

jk, I just couldn't resist :-P

fixer-upper

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 01:27:09 AM »
This scam product has been discussed here before.  Stay away.  It's a marketing ploy.

jk, I just couldn't resist :-P

You're evil.  I appreciate that in a person.  :-)

This property has just about everything I've been looking for.  It's a ranch just outside city limits, decent size but not huge, sits on nearly an acre, and should go for $80K under the assessed value.  It needs ~40K worth of work, but I'll do the majority of that myself.

fixer-upper

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 05:46:41 PM »
Nobody has tried them out?

I had a look at the place today, and the stench was overwhelming.  The RE agent said she won't go in there again...and that's with it still frozen.  I can't imagine how bad it would be if it was left until summer, but right now it's a cross between rotting carcass and poop with a hint of mold.  It needs gutted, and I'd happily pay $1K for a cleanout crew to get rid of the trash & carpet.

On the bright side, I think there's $90-100K between what it will sell for and the rehabbed value.

Wish me luck.  :-)