Author Topic: Black Friday Deals On Construction Materials/Tools  (Read 3027 times)

Jon Bon

• Handlebar Stache
Black Friday Deals On Construction Materials/Tools
« on: November 25, 2019, 09:32:17 PM »
Over the past 5 years or so I have been adding to my tool collection, adding spares,  or replacing ones that are near the end of their useful life. I have a good sized renovation coming up in the next few months and I was wondering if anyone has had any success in getting things at a good price over black Friday weekend aka expense all my tools weekend.

The big box hardware stores and generally pretty empty and finding what you need never requires getting there before 10am. In past I have picked up several things that go on sale for an incredible price such as:Compressor, Cordless tools and batteries, Werner ladder etc etc.

Anyone care to add items they have picked up at a great price?

affordablehousing

• Pencil Stache
Re: Black Friday Deals On Construction Materials/Tools
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 10:16:05 AM »
Adding to this thread but anyone get any deals on construction MATERIALS? I've usually just seen deals for tools and appliances. Would love a deal on lumber, siding, tile, more building materials, though I know those are more commodities.

Papa bear

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 10:29:33 AM »
Menards is running building material sales. I’ll be picking up some insulation. Did the same thing last year with the insulation. The ad is posted for the 3 day home improvement stuff. Also has toilets, lock sets, doors, 2x4’s etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dougstash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 12:26:27 AM »
SW PA resident. I never saw building materials on sale but tools are a must for me on Black Friday. My personal picks: $35 6ft Ladder, $279 dewalt brushed cordless kit (circular saw, drill, impact driver, reciprocating saw, flashlight, 4ah & 2ah battery with charger), $25 300lb capacity work platform, a few mapp gas cylinders at $7 a piece, drill bits $5-15, $15 fat max tape measure 2 pack, extra circular saw blades, $40 Bosch self leveling laser, $60 ratcheting box wrench sets and of course a new toaster at 25 bucks because my old one would never pop. Ever

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 07:03:53 AM »
Twice I've picked up shop-vacs (technically Craftsman Wet-Dry).  Normally $89 I think I paid $19 for them.  Doorbuster/loss-leader.

I also tend to buy a new set of drill bits & drivers each year, as those are also on big markdowns.

Bobberth

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 03:37:45 PM »
I stumbled upon the 11% Price Adjustment at Menard's one Sunday night when I had a cart full of items and I saw an 11% off sign laying on the desk getting ready to be put up for tomorrow. I was going to start putting stuff back when they told me to get the adjustment form from customer service desk by the checkouts. If you ask for the adjustment form, they will hand you a rebate form for what seems like the time between 11% off sales. It's not a publicly available rebate form, you have to ask for it. I've been working on a big rehab and essentially everything I have purchased since August has been with an 11% rebate using the adjustment forms and sales. The adjustment forms have covered all of the time between 11% sales since I have been using them but I cannot state that they always do.

Papa bear

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2019, 08:51:29 AM »
I stumbled upon the 11% Price Adjustment at Menard's one Sunday night when I had a cart full of items and I saw an 11% off sign laying on the desk getting ready to be put up for tomorrow. I was going to start putting stuff back when they told me to get the adjustment form from customer service desk by the checkouts. If you ask for the adjustment form, they will hand you a rebate form for what seems like the time between 11% off sales. It's not a publicly available rebate form, you have to ask for it. I've been working on a big rehab and essentially everything I have purchased since August has been with an 11% rebate using the adjustment forms and sales. The adjustment forms have covered all of the time between 11% sales since I have been using them but I cannot state that they always do.

They let you go back a week before the sale too - easier than people returning and rebuying.

Little known fact - HD will match Menards rebates during the 11% off times.  They don’t advertise this.  Keep your HD receipts and fill out the online rebate form.  You will get a HD gift card back in the mail.

This is a better rebate than menards.  Menards is mail in rebate, the rebates come back as paper “post cards” and the rebates will net down the next purchase, while HD will take off the gross.  For example, you buy $100 at Menards, use $25 rebate card, you only get 11% off of the $75.  Home Depot, buy 100, use 25 gift card, rebate is on 100.

Either way, you can’t go wrong with these rebates.  You can save a ton of money when you have major projects. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

affordablehousing

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 05:15:49 PM »
wow, looks like there's a site just for it at HD - https://www.homedepotrebates11percent.com/#/home

too bad it's only where Menard's are. What would it take to get them to California??? Wegman's finally went into Brooklyn...