Author Topic: Australians - who is doing good investor interest rates these days?  (Read 896 times)

chasingthegoodlife

• Bristles
Coming up to 5 years on my investment property mortgage and thought I'd better do a quick check to make sure I'm still getting a good rate.

Unfortunately, the rate comparison sites I've tried are showing me great 'investor' rates but when I click through the loans are for owner occupiers only.

Do you have a great rate and like your provider? Please share!

No bells and whistles needed, I have an offset account on my PPOR.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
Re: Australians - who is doing good investor interest rates these days?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 05:03:34 AM »
You will find that the longer you wait the worse it is going to get... just this week it looks like Bankwest are putting up investor rates by 40bps.

It's all fast going back to the 90's when investor rates were a full 1% higher than PPOR rates.

There are still some good 1-2 year fixed rate deals from all the majors (and some minors) but expect to go through the full assessment and be prepared for going back to P&I... no more IO forever.

chasingthegoodlife

• Bristles
Re: Australians - who is doing good investor interest rates these days?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 03:22:49 PM »
Thanks Marty, very interesting.

Rates are still well below when I took out my mortgage so I better not complain too much.

I was under the impression that higher rates for investor loans were related to regulatory changes introduced a while back. Is the same true of tightening of IO payments? I was looking for another period of IO, which a few months ago our old broker had thought would not be an issue. We will have to see.

Thanks again for the input, I am less a 'property investor' and more 'renting out my former PPOR because I may want to return there' so I don't keep up to date with these things as much as I possibly should.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!