Author Topic: Area recommendations for rentals  (Read 950 times)

Kaminoge

• Bristles
Area recommendations for rentals
« on: June 20, 2019, 12:12:20 PM »
My husband and I are considering the idea of possibly buying more rental properties in the US. This is a "if bitcoin keeps going up" kind of situation, not something we're about to do now but I thought I'd start doing some research.

And by research, I mean asking a bunch of random strangers on the internet for suggestions.

What I want to know is if anyone has recommendations for resources that help you to choose good areas for buying rental properties. I'm thinking blogs, things like that. For example, in Australia I follow a guy called Michael Yardney. He posts articles and does podcasts about all kind of things to do with investing in property. Any recommendation for something similar in the US?

Alternatively feel free to recommend areas you think would be good to invest in.

Currently we have a couple of places in my home town in Australia and a couple in his home town in the US. We just bought in those places because that's where we're from (although we don't live in either place we might want to at some point depending on health of parents etc), we didn't do any research on choosing the cities and I don't really know where to begin with that.

Not2Late

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Area recommendations for rentals
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 06:23:17 PM »
Bigger Pockets is one possibility
https://www.biggerpockets.com/

Kaminoge

• Bristles
Re: Area recommendations for rentals
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 03:29:03 AM »
Thanks!

Dare2Dream