Author Topic: Any luck closing on refinanced mortage?  (Read 764 times)

myemail1045

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Any luck closing on refinanced mortage?
« on: July 14, 2020, 12:50:12 PM »
I applied to refinance on my townhouse in April and they have been keep pushing back my closing date further and further. I have been keeping my patience thinking of today's unusual situation due to COVID-19. My next closing date will mark 4 months since I started my application.

I wanted to know others experience if anyone had applied for mortgage refinancing recently.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 01:33:49 PM by myemail1045 »

August26th

• Stubble
Re: Any luck closing on refinanced mortage?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 01:38:20 PM »
Not normal. Lenders are definitely busy, but good ones should be able to get your loan done start to finish in 30-60 days. Unless you have a lot of money you paid out of pocket upfront, I’d look elsewhere. Rates are still very low, maybe even lower than when you started the process 4 months ago.

Dave1442397

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 01:52:17 PM »
Is it with Mr. Cooper, aka Mr. Pooper? If so, check the wonderful Yelp reviews and apply elsewhere.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/mr-cooper-coppell-5?sort_by=date_desc

myemail1045

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 02:29:46 PM »
It is with SoFi. I reached out to their CEO's office. They did get loan officer to reply to me but giving me lame excuse that my HR voicemail is full and he is having very difficult time verifying my employment (which is pure lie). I requested to have someone else assigned to my application. I really hope they complete this very soon.

I have paid $450 for appraisal months ago that's about it.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 02:51:52 PM »
I started a refinance in March and it took a little bit over a month to closing if I remember correctly. The closing date did get pushed back several times, but nothing as bad as what you are experiencing. The refinance was through Credible.

AMandM

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 11:33:24 AM »
My daughter just refinanced and closed last week. She didn't mention any delays.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2020, 03:36:53 PM »
It is with SoFi. I reached out to their CEO's office. They did get loan officer to reply to me but giving me lame excuse that my HR voicemail is full and he is having very difficult time verifying my employment (which is pure lie). I requested to have someone else assigned to my application. I really hope they complete this very soon.

I have paid $450 for appraisal months ago that's about it.
You're getting hosed. Next up, they're going to say the appraisal's too old. You can arrange for someone from HR contact them if you have a cordial relationship with your HR Department. It's unusual, but offering same shows the logjam is not on your end.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!