Author Topic: Unlimited coffee for free at Panera  (Read 6850 times)

norajean

• Pencil Stache
Unlimited coffee for free at Panera
« on: March 02, 2020, 06:34:15 AM »
Panera Bread has a new coffee promotion - $9/mo for unlimited coffee drinks. That is thirty cents a day. If you drink three cups per day, that is ten cents a cup. Not too expensive. If you live around the corner from a Panera and already drink most of your java there, it could save you a fortune.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 08:55:58 AM by norajean »

mntnmn117

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Unlimited coffee for pennies a cup at Panera
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 05:40:49 PM »
This just got better. Now it's free all summer if you signup by July 4th. FREE

For this sort of thing I always set a calendar reminder to cancel.

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 06:22:02 PM »
That sounds like a pretty nifty deal for those that just like coffee and don't have food issues.

But if you want more than one cup, you have to wait 2 hours for your "free" refill:

While guests can get any size or flavor with unlimited refills (while in the cafe), the only catch is they can do so once every two hours.

I myself am all about getting something for nothing, but it would cost me far more pennies if I hung out in a place that smells like fresh pastries for 4-6 hours every day, and I'm not talking just the cost of the food... my butt would force the need for new clothes every few weeks. I am not that strong. :D

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 07:41:17 AM »
You can get any size you want and unlimited refills. If you want a different beverage (or clean cup, I guess), you have to wait two hours.

Best part - you can subscribe today and cancel in September and get free unlimited coffee for about ten weeks!

mntnmn117

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 11:30:17 AM »
I'm up to 4 cups of coffee and a free cookie. $0 spent so far. Up until this week I'd never been in this Panera a half mile from my house. Panera is just so expensive that I'm not that tempted. $14 for a half sandwich and soup LOL.

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 06:47:37 PM »
I don't want to get dressed, drive to Panera, and talk to someone before I can have coffee (not sure if I would be safe driving). Maybe it would be worth it if there was one right next to my work, but I would still make coffee at home anyway.

I would rather spend my nine bucks on a bag of beans at Costco, which lasts almost a month. I start the coffee pot and go brush my teeth and it's done before I get back. I drink 2 cups before leaving the house and fill 2 travel mugs to bring with me.

cupcakery

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 05:55:36 AM »
I bought this subscription when it came out.  I get coffee out about twice a month.  Same with my husband.  My daughter also likes to get coffee out sometimes.  So I figured between all of us, it would pay for itself.  With it being free for the past few months and going into the summer, it has definitely been worth it.

maisymouser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 06:18:04 AM »
I don't want to get dressed, drive to Panera, and talk to someone before I can have coffee (not sure if I would be safe driving). Maybe it would be worth it if there was one right next to my work, but I would still make coffee at home anyway.

I would rather spend my nine bucks on a bag of beans at Costco, which lasts almost a month. I start the coffee pot and go brush my teeth and it's done before I get back. I drink 2 cups before leaving the house and fill 2 travel mugs to bring with me.

I got really excited about this thread but then I realized I don't live anywhere near a panera. And I too am lazy AF and do not want to get dressed to go anywhere these days while I have the chance.

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 09:32:08 AM »

I got really excited about this thread but then I realized I don't live anywhere near a panera. And I too am lazy AF and do not want to get dressed to go anywhere these days while I have the chance.

You aren't missing much.  The coffee is a bit watery.  Ordering consists of saying "I'd like a free large coffee. My phone number is 555-555-1234".  The lady hands you a paper bag with a cup inside including stirrer and you fill up your choice of coffee and cream.  Refills are free and include a clean cup if you want.  You can also order online and they will walk out to your car with it.  I live five minutes away so I stop by if I am in the area (via car, bike, foot).  It is near the outer limit of our dog walking radius.

I'll probably cancel early Sept so I don't ever have to pay.

mntnmn117

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 03:51:50 PM »

You aren't missing much.  The coffee is a bit watery.  Ordering consists of saying "I'd like a free large coffee. My phone number is 555-555-1234".  The lady hands you a paper bag with a cup inside including stirrer and you fill up your choice of coffee and cream.  Refills are free and include a clean cup if you want.  You can also order online and they will walk out to your car with it.  I live five minutes away so I stop by if I am in the area (via car, bike, foot).  It is near the outer limit of our dog walking radius.

I'll probably cancel early Sept so I don't ever have to pay.

Agreed, the coffee is very so so. Watery and I wonder if when I get that first one at 7:00am I'm getting yesterday's brew.   I've been stocking up on the mini creamers since they give you 4 each with a large and they are great for camping. Ours is a 15min walk so it's a nice mid day work break/ stroll with kid over there.

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2020, 07:18:38 PM »
I sometimes stop by on my bike in the morning. Poke the coffee button on my phone and a boy runs out the front door with a large free dark roast with extra cream. Still haven’t actually purchased anything there yet.

mntnmn117

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »
Check in. My wife paid for one chai back in June. :(  I'm up to 43 free cups of coffee according to the app and they extended the subscription another month for free.

Also definitely never going back to this Panera once the subscription ends. They're success rate for a single large cup of coffee is hilariously poor. Somehow they screwup half the orders. Like I'll get the wrong size or iced instead of hot.

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2020, 08:58:13 PM »
I ended up having to work from home at Panera for two weeks due to a net outage. They took great care of me. I was the only customer most days from about 6-9 am. Corner booth with power. All the free coffee I could drink. Not bad.

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 11:02:54 AM »
The great Panera summer of free coffee is over.  I guess I had about 75 free coffees.  Canceled Thursday before they charged an outrageous $8.99/mo for coffee.

Padonak

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »
How much do you guys tip if you get free coffee? Do you tip anything?

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 02:17:44 PM »
Counter service only. No tip jar.

mntnmn117

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2020, 05:36:14 PM »
It's not a tipping kind of place IMO. No barista. They hand you a cup and you pour it yourself.

I've also had my last free cup and cancelled.

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 12:19:36 PM »
You can also order using their app. I would pre-order while approaching on my bike and when I appeared they would run out the door to greet me with my coffee and I would bike off with it in hand.

maisymouser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2020, 10:08:30 AM »
You can also order using their app. I would pre-order while approaching on my bike and when I appeared they would run out the door to greet me with my coffee and I would bike off with it in hand.

Now this thread deserves a place in "Share Your Badassity". You go, norajean.

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 08:54:26 AM »
Panera just announced another 3-month free campaign!  Unlimited free coffee, any size, from now until mid March.  Woo-hoo!

We moved across country but still 10 minutes from a very solid Panera with drive-through, outdoor seating, etc. 

Plina

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2021, 04:29:52 AM »
Panera just announced another 3-month free campaign!  Unlimited free coffee, any size, from now until mid March.  Woo-hoo!

We moved across country but still 10 minutes from a very solid Panera with drive-through, outdoor seating, etc.

Do you mean that you drive 10 minutes there and back to get your ”free” coffee?

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2021, 07:38:18 AM »

Do you mean that you drive 10 minutes there and back to get your ”free” coffee?

Not at all, I drink most of my coffee at home.  Panera is at the bottom of the hill here, en route to almost anywhere I go, sandwiched between Target, Walmart and Home Depot.  So if I'm driving by and need one, I whiz through the drive-in window for a free coffee. What a deal!

norajean

• Pencil Stache
Re: Unlimited coffee for free at Panera
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2021, 05:30:09 PM »
I tried to unsubscribe from the free coffee today but they insisted I try it another three months, just to be sure.  So, free coffee through June.  I find by using the drive-through I have no temptation to order anything else.

secondcor521

• Walrus Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2021, 08:25:30 PM »
My experience with this wasn't great.

I signed up, and even though I used the proper "free for 3 months" links, they charged me the $8.99 plus tax starting day 1.  I complained to them, they admitted fault, offered $15 in food credits as an apology, but never issued either a refund or a food credit.  So I disputed the charge on my credit card.  Annoying hassle.

The other thing was that the coffee at my nearest Panera store always had a burned taste.  There were two other Panera locations but they were further away and I wouldn't normally be traveling by them.

I avoid gluten so there's not much food-wise that I can buy there.

The app and ordering process was great, though.

I canceled before the first month was up.

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2021, 08:24:13 AM »
My free trial (since March of 2020!) ends tomorrow so I unsubscribed so I won't get charged.  I sure drank a lot of free coffee.  They also offer free dog treats at the drive-thru so dog likes it too.  Let's see if they offer another renewal.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2021, 08:33:38 AM »
I'm still in my free 3 months, and so my morning bike route went by Panera today for a free coffee.

norajean

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2021, 05:02:46 AM »
They extended me to September for free, so back in the game. But they are clawing some back as I allow them to sell me a cinnamon bagel about once every 4-6 weeks or so.