Author Topic: New Marcus savings referral program  (Read 1394 times)

jpdx

• Pencil Stache
New Marcus savings referral program
« on: November 22, 2020, 10:55:31 AM »
In October, Marcus started a referral program which expires Dec 31, 2020.

"Marcus bank introduced a referral program whereby the referrer and the new member get a bonus of .20% APY added to their Marcus online savings account rate for 3 months. For example, if the regular savings account rate is 1.00%, both the referrer and the new member earn 1.20% APY for the next three months."

Here's an opportunity for both of us to slightly increase these low savings rates. I don't want to share the link publicly because it reveals my name, so please PM me and I will send you the link.

crowinghen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: New Marcus savings referral program
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 08:30:54 AM »
FYI I opened an account with Marcus and they have very stringent rules for getting your money out. I was trying to buy a home, they said they could only wire the funds to the account they had originally came from, and they could only send the amount ( no more) that had originally came from the donor account. This was after talking to SEVERAL agents.
I had joined because they have a deal that if you are an AARP member you get a higher interest rate.
Luckily I was able to  purchase the home, but I withdrew almost all my money (back to donor accounts! ;( ) and have kept a very very small amount in there just to feel like I am irritating them. I also make several small  transactions when I feel like it .
They missed out on a shit-ton of money that I will be depositing SOMEWHERE ELSE>

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!