Author Topic: Juicer?  (Read 3364 times)

texastumbleweed

• Stubble
Juicer?
« on: May 31, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »
I have a vitamix (hand me down!!)that I use all the time, but I feel like a juicer would still be a nice addition since I drink a lot of pulpy green Juicy right now.  Does anyone have a favorite?  Thanks so much. 

JStrider

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Juicer?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 03:04:23 PM »
Juice is just fruit with all the healthy fibery parts taken out.

use your teeth.

texastumbleweed

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:59:48 PM »
Oh gee!  Why didn't I think of that?  Thanks!

No, really.  Anyone have one they like?

Sydneystache

• Bristles
  • Aiming for RE!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 07:33:24 AM »
Breville Juice Fountain Max

https://www.breville.com.au/juice-fountaintm-plus.html

I bought the first version of this a decade ago and sold it because it was just soooo noisy.

I am glad I bought its most recent iteration - quieter, chute is bigger and juicier. It is a better machine than the first version.

The best thing? I bought it for $50 through Gumtree.

Currently have apples and ginger in the fridge to juice.

Winning.

adifferentlife

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 12:22:52 PM »
Hello we have a Breville- very nice machine however we don't use it as it costs a lot to juice! Remember you have to load the hopper and you might end up with a small amount of juice- and the pulp is thrown away and that's your healthy fiber-!!! That's our experience!

NextTime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 01:07:37 PM »
The Vitamix will help you poop better.

attr

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • "Never say Never"
    • Roofing Nashville TN
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 11:31:59 PM »
The vitamix will change your life! My digestive system is very happy with it :) I do have a breville as well, mainly for juicing tomatoes.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 11:28:07 AM »
I like a Hurom juicer.  I have a cheaper model.  Choose one that has a cleaning requirement you can live with.  My Lalanne juicer is a pain to clean.  I drink fresh juice several meals per week to give my digestive system a break.  Beets, limes, apple, grapefruit, ginger, cucumber, strawberry, are my favorite things to juice.  When I juice religiously my hair grows like crazy.  Beets will turn your toilet pink, be warned.

brookebcollin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 12:56:50 AM »
If you're juicing lots of leafy greens look into a slow juicer, either a masticating or a triturating one. Don't buy the Breville - it's good for hard fruits and roots but is almost useless on leafy greens. The Hurom, as someone suggested, is a decent vertical masticating juicer. You can also check out the Omega horizontal juicers, the Tribest Green Star, or the Super Angel. Last one is good but could be a bit too expensive. My personal favorite is the Omega because it's multifunctional - I can make nut milk and stuff with it.
Check this article: https://lunaregina.com/best-twin-gear-juicers - it has every information you need about juicing and different kinds of juicers.