Author Topic: I almost bought a vitamix  (Read 28448 times)

RunningWithScissors

• Stubble
Re: I almost bought a vitamix
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2017, 12:45:12 PM »
Also received a Vitamix as a wedding gift in 2014.  Used it sporadically for smoothies and nut butters.  By late 2016 it was starting to make grinding noises and the bushing had more play than usual.

We didn't have the receipt, so we called the company and they emailed us a shipping label so we could send it back.  Three weeks later, a new one arrived.  So, they can break down, but the warranty is decent.

If it ever breaks down again, we won't replace it.  A cheap blender is all we need for our usual smoothies.

mghjuno

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2017, 06:47:57 PM »
I've seen some posts praising Aldi here, and I'd like to plug their version of the Vitamix.  I'm one of those people who'd never think of spending $300 on a blender but I got very curious over a year ago when I saw what looked like a Vitamix in the weekly Aldi flyer.  I didn't get one and regretted it.. so I spent an entire year obsessively checking the flyer to see if they would ever sell it again.  I bought one in December and I'm sold.  It was around $70 and the difference between it and a "normal" blender is amazing.  If my Aldimix ever breaks I'll probably buy a real one.

esq

• Bristles
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2017, 09:22:17 PM »
I killed my 25 yr old (heavy duty deluxe stainless steel model) Vitamix with a chunk of frozen parmesan cheese. Please be careful.

I still say they're worth every penny. Fave thing was making tomato soup (from fresh tomatoes of course) that heated up right in the vitamix.

Speedracer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2017, 08:33:41 PM »
Definitely recommend the certified reconditioned ones they sell on their website.  Ours is still going strong!

mmmfan500

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2017, 06:46:52 PM »
I've had a VitaMix for a year and have no doubt I'll get another decade or two out of it. It has significantly improved my diet while lowering my grocery bill by allowing me to make all my own soups, milkshakes, salsas, even breads! I consider it one of my greatest investments. Worth every penny.

IWannaGo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2017, 08:38:01 AM »
I've had the Ninja for about 6 years now, ebb's and flow's with usage when I go through green smoothie phases.  It's holding up, but I can say I totally want the Vitamix too!!!  Why?  .... for the reasons listed above.  But do I need it??? - no, mine works just fine.  So, I will use the Ninja until it tells me its time, then hope there is a kick ass coupon/sale/promo that might reel me into the Vitamix in the future.   I know it will last a very long time, and has more uses than the Ninja (ex, Vitamix can make peanut/almond butter - the Ninja cannot because of blade placement AND it simply does not get anything completely smooth).

a_scanner_brightly

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2017, 11:29:45 AM »
Your glowing reviews are fine and all but your answer to this next question is where the rubber meets the road.

If your Vitamix died was stolen, would you replace it with another Vitamix?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:38:05 AM by a_scanner_brightly »

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2017, 03:06:51 PM »
Comedy gold, right here.

Thank you all for brightening my day.

Now I'm going to go start a thread about my one carat diamond stud earrings.  Sure they're expensive, but if you wear earrings every day they are totally worth it.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2017, 03:55:38 PM »
Comedy gold, right here.

Now I'm going to go start a thread about my one carat diamond stud earrings.  Sure they're expensive, but if you wear earrings every day they are totally worth it.

They're significantly slower for grinding chickpeas into hummus though.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2017, 08:12:39 AM »
Comedy gold, right here.

They're significantly slower for grinding chickpeas into hummus though.

Pffft.  Chickpeas?  I use my diamond earrings to grind vitamix glass containers into a fine dust and then snort it.  Weight loss from snorting the diamond dust is tremendous (the weight of the blood alone is incredible).  I've tried other glass containers, but Vitamix (although pricey) really let you feel the health entering your body from the glass dust.

Spartans

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2017, 02:26:07 PM »
Your glowing reviews are fine and all but your answer to this next question is where the rubber meets the road.

I would.  I'd get the newer model too.

gggggg

• Bristles
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2017, 08:56:35 PM »

I wouldn't, I barely use it as is (no fault of the unit, it's just me not using it).