Author Topic: Homeowners insurance-AMICA  (Read 2318 times)

R S

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Homeowners insurance-AMICA
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:45:07 PM »
Anyone have any experience with Amica?    Nerdwallet has them ranked very high.   The quote seems great.

I'm on the thinking that with the big boys, (nationewide, allstate)  etc,  you are paying Peyton Manning essentially and the rest of their advertising budget.

ETBen

• Bristles
    • I started a journal about single parenting and the new life towards FIRE
Re: Homeowners insurance-AMICA
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 08:34:17 PM »
I have Amica. I worked in insurance and my director recommended them. Over our own company who also has a solid name

We had one major claim in our old home. It required a structural engineer and extensive repairs. They were great. No obstacles. Super easy and stress free.

cchrissyy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:03:27 PM »
I've had Amica for auto and renters since about 2003 (and term life maybe half that time), always very happy worth their service.

Only claim I ever had (burglary) was handled very quickly, like, somebody came 3 days later and the check was in my hands in just a week for the full replacement cost of everything lost. Very minimal hassle.

I've moved a lot, and changed cars some, or called for quotes planning to do so, and am never stuck on hold like I am when I call Geico or Travelers

R S

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 07:21:32 AM »
Excellent.  Thanks for the responses.  I went ahead and signed up with Amica for my homeowners and auto.   They saved me about $100 per year on the homeowners. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!