Author Topic: Grocery savings  (Read 3511 times)

Cyanne

• Stubble
Grocery savings
« on: August 29, 2015, 10:06:42 AM »
Zaycon foods is having a sale! I have purchased the chicken breasts, ground beef, sausage links and bacon from them in the past and it all has tasted great. I find it cheaper and better tasting than the meat at Sam's club. If you have the freezer space, this can really save some money. I use a foodsaver to divide it up into smaller portions. The chicken breasts cost $1.89 a pound, bacon is $3.79 and ground beef is $3.99 lb. for 93% lean. You will need some freezer storage because they sell in bulk packs of about 40 lbs. They offer other foods such as strawberries, fish and honey depending on your region. Their website explains how they deliver the food and you can check it to see what is available in your region.
www.zayconfresh.com

Use the coupon code zaycon15 you can save an additional 15%!

eta: more info and website address

Please use my referral code and I will receive a $10 credit towards a future purchase. I have purchased my through them for the past two years and it has always been high quality.
zayconfresh.com/refer/zf175351
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 10:57:13 AM by Angie »

NextTime

• Pencil Stache
Re: Grocery savings
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 11:12:55 AM »
Have you tried their wild sockeye salmon? They have an event next month in my area for $6.99/lb. Great price but there's a part of me that's a little scared to shell out $175 at once.

I've ordered the chicken breasts before and was impressed.

Cyanne

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 06:58:34 PM »
I haven't tried it. Unfortunately I have an allergy to fish. My husband loves salmon but I don't think he could eat that much!

NextTime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 03:31:39 AM »
One annoying thing about them is they charge you immediately when you order, even when delivery could be 2 months away. Blew my grocery budget for this month. Would prefer they at least wait until the same month as delivery.

Bbqmustache

• Stubble
    • Financial Literacy Conversations
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 07:17:38 AM »
Boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.89/lb is not bad, may try out this service and see how it works.  Any shipping or tax to worry about?

NextTime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 12:03:17 PM »
Tax is charged at checkout.

No shipping. They have an event in your town at a specific time and you have to pick it up during that window of time.  So it can be inconvenient depending on the time and place.