Author Topic: Four simple words  (Read 2386 times)

jwilliams0215

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • WinningWilliams
    • WinningWilliams
Four simple words
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:27:39 PM »
"Anyone can buy that"

Very nice take on a mustachian based lifestyle from a business insider link (article originally appeared from Budgets Are Sexy)

Enjoy!

http://www.businessinsider.com/think-this-when-youre-feeling-envious-2014-8

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Four simple words
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 04:47:23 PM »
Nice.  Not sure I agree with the conclusion (re: power), but it's a good thing to keep in mind.  Stuff doesn't make someone special.  It's just stuff.  Any * can buy that stuff.  Who they are is much more important.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

ash7962

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 07:30:44 AM »
Nice.  Not sure I agree with the conclusion (re: power), but it's a good thing to keep in mind.  Stuff doesn't make someone special.  It's just stuff.  Any * can buy that stuff.  Who they are is much more important.

I think he was referring to power as in giving yourself power over your own life and what you do.  Not as in more worldly powers to affect the lives of those around you.  Who knows though because he was very vague about the power thing.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 08:42:31 AM »

I think he was referring to power as in giving yourself power over your own life and what you do.  Not as in more worldly powers to affect the lives of those around you.  Who knows though because he was very vague about the power thing.

It's such a loaded word though, I think it was a poor choice even if that's what he meant, which I'm not sure of.

Time would have been better.  Even better would have been to let readers draw their own conclusion.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!