Author Topic: Double Stroller Recommendation?  (Read 2920 times)

SpacemanSpiff

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Double Stroller Recommendation?
« on: August 14, 2017, 01:17:29 PM »
Looking for a recommendation on a Graco double stroller.  Have #2 on the way (kiddos will be about 20 months apart) and looking to get a stroller that would be compatible with the carrier we already have (Graco click connect) so as to avoid purchasing a new carrier and base for the car.  DW tends to go for a walk most days so long as there isn't snow on the ground.

Here is the section of their website with their double strollers: http://www.gracobaby.com/en-US/Double-Strollers#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&orderBy:5&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Wanted to see if anyone here had a recommendation (or general advice even if you haven't used Graco in the past).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and let me know if there is any relevant information I have not provided!

meatface

Re: Double Stroller Recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 06:58:57 AM »
I've pushed a Graco double stroller that had two kids in it. It was the kind that was quite long. That thing was a real pain to get over curbs and other large bumps because its lever arm was huge due to its length combined with the weight of the two kid (both toddlers in this case). I have a double stroller that is more of the stacking kind (as opposed to the Graco limousine), and it's not as bad to get over curbs.

My point is that I would recommend the shortest/compact-est/least-long version of a double stroller that you can find.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 07:20:57 AM »
My bike trailer seats two kids and can convert to a stroller.  It works really well as a stroller and is very easy to push over bumps, I think this is due to the large inflatable tires (rather than small solid ones).  The down side is that it's pretty large (although most double strollers are very big), and I find it hard to maneuver in enclosed areas.

SpacemanSpiff

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 02:06:13 PM »
I've pushed a Graco double stroller that had two kids in it. It was the kind that was quite long. That thing was a real pain to get over curbs and other large bumps because its lever arm was huge due to its length combined with the weight of the two kid (both toddlers in this case). I have a double stroller that is more of the stacking kind (as opposed to the Graco limousine), and it's not as bad to get over curbs.

My point is that I would recommend the shortest/compact-est/least-long version of a double stroller that you can find.

Good to know - thanks for the advice.  Will definitely have to consider that

My bike trailer seats two kids and can convert to a stroller.  It works really well as a stroller and is very easy to push over bumps, I think this is due to the large inflatable tires (rather than small solid ones).  The down side is that it's pretty large (although most double strollers are very big), and I find it hard to maneuver in enclosed areas.

Will probably stick with ones that folds up to fit in the back of my wife's car since she likes to go to a park when she has the time. Will definitely be keeping maneuverability in mind

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »
The bike trailer actually does pack flat (wheels pop off) and is easy to fit in a trunk . . . it just has a large footprint.

MBot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 09:23:20 PM »
These are all fancypants strollers you could likely find used?

- BabyJogger Select. A couple friends have these, and they are compatible with Graco ClickConnect Adaptors. Top/Bottom seat design so really maneuverable.

- BabyJogger City Mini Double is another side by side compatible with that. It will fit thru a standard doorway. Side-by-side is a little more unwieldy but more maneuverable than a long one.

- BOB - Friends have them and state the front wheel can pop off so it fits in a trunk. Several of the double strollers are compatible with Graco seats, see chart here

chouchouu

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2017, 02:52:05 PM »
For two kids you will want pneumatic tires. Since you use a car I would suggest the babyjogger city mini gt which has an easy fold. Strollers are perfect to buy from craigslist as Americans don't use them much outside the mall. Baby gizmo has video reviews so you can compare. Never get a long stroller, like pp they are difficult to leverage and not safe, imagine crossing a street with shrubbery, cars don't look down so if they can't see you your stroller is vulnerable.

Chesleygirl

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 10:38:55 AM »
Kinderwagon.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!