Author Topic: Cheap holiday cards on Vistaprint.com (50 for $10-15, 250 for $50)  (Read 1670 times)

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
I posted this in another thread but since someone found it a helpful tip, I thought I'd start a new thread too.  You can get super cheap, pretty good quality holiday cards via www.vistaprint.com.  The key is to go to Marketing Materials --> Postcards --> Small Postcards.  You can pick one of their own designs (they're geared toward businesses but use your imagination and you should be able to find one acceptable to you), or you can upload your own. 

I ended up using Photoshop Elements to make my own design (watched a few youtube tutorials to figure out how to do this, as my Photoshop skills are really super rudimentary).  I designed mine to have 6 photos on the front as well as a short happy holidays text, and then a single background photo on the back with our return address pre-printed in the upper left corner.  We'll put our own address labels and (cheaper postcard) stamps on the back and then will be good to go - no envelopes needed.  Ended up paying about $53 for 250 cards, including an upgrade to recycled matte paper rather than glossy card stock.  (We only need about 150 but the choice was between 100 and 250.)

Our cards arrived today and I have to say, I'm really impressed.  They look great, don't feel cheap at all, and seem comparable to other cards I've ordered in the past from places like Shutterfly and Minted.  As I mentioned in the other thread, I was all set to give up this tradition this year in favor of 100% e-cards, but finding this deal convinced me to go back to paper cards.  I really love giving and receiving them so for me, this is money well spent.  Hope others find this helpful!  And major hat tip to the Frugalwoods blog, which is where I heard about Vistaprint for cheap holiday cards.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
Re: Cheap holiday cards on Vistaprint.com (50 for $10-15, 250 for $50)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 06:53:05 PM »
We did this for birth announcements and plan to do Christmas too!

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
Re: Cheap holiday cards on Vistaprint.com (50 for $10-15, 250 for $50)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 07:13:29 PM »
Iowajes I wish I had heard about this a few years ago.  Could have saved so much money on the holiday cards/ birth announcements!