Author Topic: Best place to buy used cell phones?  (Read 1441 times)

quelinda

• Stubble
Best place to buy used cell phones?
« on: July 10, 2021, 12:12:54 PM »
My husband and I have the old, no-longer-offered Ting plan and it seems like the cheapest plan they now offer would make more sense for us. However, one of our phones wouldn't be supported on their new plans. Also, we still have a landline (I know! we're old) and are thinking of getting rid of it - but then we'd want an extra cell phone for the kids to use when they're home alone or if one of them leaves the house.

I like the iPhone SE (first generation, not the new one) I have now, and we'd like to get two more. But it's kind of overwhelming searching for places to buy them. I don't know what options are reliable sources.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

HipGnosis

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Best place to buy used cell phones?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 04:13:29 PM »
I ported my land line # to an old cell phone - lots of businesses have that #, and got a cheap, low data plan for it.
It's nice to have a # to give out that I don't have to worry about being bothered by their calls  (I seldom answer that phone).
One thing I learned the last time I shopped for a phone (I usually buy refurbished) is that ebay lets sellers call items 'refurbished' when they're just (basically) cleaned up.

Beardog

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 01:28:37 PM »
About a year ago I bought a brand new, in-the-box first generation iPhone SE from ebay and I've been very happy with it.  I can see they are still available on ebay. 

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 01:34:21 PM »
My go-to is swappa.com

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!