Learning, Sharing, and Teaching > Reader Recommendations

Best Book You Read in 2020

(1/13) > >>

cangelosibrown:
I've been going through all the different newspaper and Magazine lists of the best books of 2020. I've added plenty to my goodreads list and my library queue, but I'm always looking for more recommendations.  Simple question with no qualifiers on genre, type, anything, just:

What's the best book you read in 2020?

My answer: Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Just a really great emotional story. Her more recent novel Americanah is much more popular, and probably more accessible to an American audience since it's set partly in america and deals partly with american issues, but I greatly preferred Purple Hibiscus, which is set entirely in Nigeria.

cool7hand:
The Madness of Crowds: Gender, Race, and Identity, by Douglas Murray. Not everyone will agree with him, but you're head's in the sand if it doesn't at least make you think.

cool7hand:
Come on all you people reading 50 books in 2020: which one was best? or two!

stoaX:
The Body by Bill Bryson.  It's a non-fiction page turner - when I was reading it nothing got done around the house.   I was sad when I finished it because I wanted more. 

SuseB:
I have two, one fiction, one non-fiction.

Non-fiction: Wilding by Isabella Tree. It's about a huge British estate that's been left to rewild. Amazing and hopeful book.

Fiction: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. About a Russian aristo 'quarantined' for years in a Moscow hotel. Brilliant and charming book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version