Author Topic: Bed Sheet Recommendations  (Read 18398 times)

Alchemisst

• Bristles
Bed Sheet Recommendations
« on: July 27, 2020, 06:08:21 AM »
Any good recommendations on bed sheets? It's hard to decide what is good quality since there seems to be mixed reviews regarding thread counts, sheet types; cotton, bamboo, microfibre, silk etc and different brands. They all claim to be hotel quality etc.

index

• Pencil Stache
Re: Bed Sheet Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 06:55:35 AM »
Kirkland Signature from Costco or the Members' Mark from Sam's. We have a set of both and they are great. Deep pocket, large elastic band that doesn't wear out, crisp, and feel substantial. We have had one set for three years, washed once a week until we added another set into the rotation recently. They have held up great. They go on sale for $50-$60 a set. 

Daley

• Magnum Stache
  • Still kickin', I guess.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 09:01:37 AM »
Target's Threshold Cotton Percale sheets are pretty good, and very reasonably priced for what you get. We bought three sets about a year and a half ago, and outside of needing to hit the edges with an iron occasionally, are holding up very nicely. They remind me of the quality of sheets you used to be able to find more readily 30+ years ago. I'm also pretty sure, they were a recommendation by others here as well at the time, though I can't remember who.

Beyond that? Most threadcount ratings (especially luxury-targeted) are meaningless at best and garbage at worst past about 300, with astronomically higher threadcounts actually not holding up well. Stay away from synthetics, novelty fabrics, and outlets like Marshalls/TJMaxx/etc. with "fancy" name brand sheets... unless you know for a fact what you're actually getting and what to look for, but even then, the price usually isn't worth it as you're paying not for the quality but the name. Good no-name sheet sets cost around 2-3x the low-end, but the high-end cotton is either name brand cache or marketing buzzwords. Pay attention to the weave, quality can often be seen in it (why I recommended percale).

Hope this helps!

BECABECA

• Bristles
  • Retired since July 2017, not bored yet!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
Here’s a link to a thread from last year that had lots of good sheet suggestions:
https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/ask-a-mustachian/what-is-the-best-bed-sheet/

Fiddlestix

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 08:47:10 PM »
I read the other thread that BECABECA posted above, last year, and I got Martha Stewart Percale sheets from Macy's, on sale, for my Cali King bed. I love them! They are cool and crisp, and stay that way for 2 weeks between washes. They do wrinkle, but I care not!

The print is of small flowers, but it's directional, so you can align the sheets properly and you don't have to walk around the giant bed too many times.

STEMorbust

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 11:12:58 PM »
What about LL Bean? Big fan of the flannel sheets during winter months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cranky

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 07:54:44 AM »
I found two sets of LL Bean summer/not flannel sheets at the thrift store last winter. They looked like they’d been used once or twice. They are so nice, like the nicest sheets I’ve ever had. Soft, and yet crisp...

Anyway, if I was going to buy sheets, I’d buy those.

MissPeach

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2020, 05:07:21 PM »
I have bought several sets of Target's Threshold 100% cotton sheet sets. They're about $50 but I see sales often. I've had one rip after a few years in but the rest have gone strong being the only set I use, weekly washings, etc. I used to buy fancier ones and these were just as good or better. They also have tags that tell you which is the side, top/bottom which I find really helpful.

iluvzbeach

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 06:35:20 PM »
We recently bought these on Amazon and love them. Very reasonably priced, tons of great reviews and they don’t wrinkle! Super soft, sleeps cool, but not cold when getting in bed on a chilly night.

SONORO KATE Bed Sheet Set Super Soft Microfiber 1800 Thread Count Luxury Egyptian Sheets Fit 18 - 24 Inch Deep Pocket Mattress Wrinkle and Hypoallergenic-4 Piece (Dark Grey, Queen) https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07VBTVM39/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_YkgVFbFHRV5FM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Rusted Rose

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2020, 07:56:26 PM »
For the cheapass among us, I must say I've been pretty impressed with Target's Room Essentials microfiber sheets. They have held up well in the 2 years I've had them so far and are soft, comfy, and, yes, cheap.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 07:59:04 PM »
I agree with the target threshold 100% cotton recommendation.  My absolute favorites are pottery barn brand via thrift, but my second favorites are Target Threshold.

DaMa

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2020, 09:45:16 PM »
I have two sets of queen sheets from Ikea that I'm happy with.  I needed a new set for a full bed and didn't want to deal with Ikea crowds in a pandemic.  I bought the Members Mark at Sam's Club (450 thread count), and I love them. 

better late

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2020, 10:22:19 PM »
I posted on the older thread that BECABECA linked but wanted to add
1- Walmart had fantastic percale sheets not too long ago. Hoping they come back in stock.
2- Company Store had great percale sheets as well.
3- if you like cotton jersey knit sheets Amazon basics are beautifully made and hold up beautifully.