Author Topic: App for tracking expenses?  (Read 1971 times)

NestEggChick (formerly PFgal)

• Stubble
    • Nest Egg Chick
App for tracking expenses?
« on: January 25, 2016, 10:57:43 AM »
I'm trying to help a friend track her income, expenses, and debt payments, and we're stuck. She wants something she can use on her smartphone (android.) She tried mint.com, but it doesn't connect to all of her accounts and she found it difficult to use. Are there any other free programs that are any good? She'd love something that will show her the balances on all of her student loans, as well as credit card expenses and debit card payments.

Thanks for any tips you can offer!! I do my own tracking with accounting software (I have an accounting background) so I'm not as familiar with the apps. Your wisdom will be much appreciated :)

GrowingTheGreen

• Bristles
    • Growing The Green
Re: App for tracking expenses?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:24:38 PM »
If Mint is a no-go, try Personal Capital. I've heard that Mint is best at expenses though.

EarthshipSandra

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • The Darfield Earthship
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »
I recommend gnucash to friends. It's free and I see that it now has an android app. I haven't used it in a few years because we use Quickbooks for our businesses and for my corporate clients.  I'll probably be taking a look at gnucash again...looks like it's progressed quite a bit.  http://gnucash.org

NestEggChick (formerly PFgal)

• Stubble
    • Nest Egg Chick
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 02:31:55 PM »
Thanks so much for the recommendations! I hope one of these works for her!