Author Topic: Anybody ever use Trim to lower their phone/cable/internet bills?  (Read 1052 times)

trc4897

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
I just used Trim to lower my internet bill from $75 to $50 per month. $300 yearly savings! They do take a 15% cut up front, but still worth it in my mind. They did the negotiating for me all I had to do was upload my Spectrum bill. Anyone else used this before?

I heard about it from the ChooseFI podcast btw. Their website is asktrim.com

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
Re: Anybody ever use Trim to lower their phone/cable/internet bills?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 11:42:01 AM »
Ok I just did this based on your post.  I tried a couple of years ago and thought the security was sketchy at the time (probably unfounded.)  They just negotiated my bill to $20/month cheaper than it was, and the speed went from 50mbps to 300...
Thank you.

edit: I sound like a shill, but I'm not.  Pretty happy about this experience.

trc4897

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 08:53:13 PM »
Ok I just did this based on your post.  I tried a couple of years ago and thought the security was sketchy at the time (probably unfounded.)  They just negotiated my bill to $20/month cheaper than it was, and the speed went from 50mbps to 300...
Thank you.

edit: I sound like a shill, but I'm not.  Pretty happy about this experience.

Awesome! My brother saved $30 a month. Kinda jealous he got a better deal than me for the same service haha

jeromedawg

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 09:20:42 AM »
Interesting... anyone ever use this for Cox? Cox is one of the worst as far as rate hikes.

cool7hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 08:16:41 AM »
posting to follow

slackmax

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 07:57:40 AM »
What if you're only using the lowest (cheapest) tier already? I pay $52 a month for 'economy cable'. I asked for a discount a few months ago, and they just said no. I wonder if Trim could get it down to $40 a month.     

slackmax

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 08:04:14 AM »
Adding to above post:  that's $52 a month for TV only. No internet.

kpd905

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 07:05:09 PM »
I have them linked up to my internet bill with Spectrum.  I actually forgot about Trim for about a year, but then out of nowhere they negotiated my bill down by $10/month for a year.  I wish I had more bills they could negotiate, but cell phone is $32 for 2 of us, and no TV.

PVkcin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 08:34:58 PM »
Posting to follow.
I had never heard about trim or anything like this but I find it fascinating!

I'm not sure that they could help us personally -
We only pay $45 for internet, and cox seems to only raise our rates a few dollars per year (we started around $25/month 9-ish years ago).
We only pay about $50 for two cells phones. We don't have TV.

I see on their website they even negotiate medical bills. I work in the medical field and have learned a few tips/tricks to getting bills down, so I always wondered if there was a service out there that helped with those. Seems like a pretty good idea for a company.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 12:22:37 PM »
Got my Spectrum bill reduced by $20/month. Money well spent if that last for 12 months like they say it will. Thanks for the recommendation.

suds

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 07:07:23 PM »
Thanks for the tip. Signed up a few days ago - and just got notified my internet bill is being lowered $20 (Spectrum). Which is extremely frustrating, because I called them a few months ago to ask them to lower it, and they refused. Don't really have any other negotiable bills, or I would try it on them as well.

geekette

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 11:36:01 AM »
I just used Trim to lower my internet bill from $75 to $50 per month. $300 yearly savings! They do take a 15% cut up front, but still worth it in my mind. They did the negotiating for me all I had to do was upload my Spectrum bill. Anyone else used this before?

When you say 15% up front, how is that determined and paid?  While there's nothing they can do for me, my 86 year old mother is being charged FAR too much for her TV/Phone/Internet by Spectrum. 

eta: found it - they charge 15% of your yearly savings to whatever form of payment you give them.  And hope that you continue to save what they promise?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 11:38:42 AM by geekette »

trc4897

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 11:50:43 AM »
Thanks for the tip. Signed up a few days ago - and just got notified my internet bill is being lowered $20 (Spectrum). Which is extremely frustrating, because I called them a few months ago to ask them to lower it, and they refused. Don't really have any other negotiable bills, or I would try it on them as well.

Same thing happened to me! Then I heard about Trim so figured I should try it

trc4897

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 11:52:50 AM »

When you say 15% up front, how is that determined and paid?  While there's nothing they can do for me, my 86 year old mother is being charged FAR too much for her TV/Phone/Internet by Spectrum. 

eta: found it - they charge 15% of your yearly savings to whatever form of payment you give them.  And hope that you continue to save what they promise?

That's correct. I paid $45 once they negotiated me the $300 yearly savings. You don't pay anything if they can't save you any money, which is nice. For me specifically, it is a 12 month contract so i should pay $50 per month for these 12 months, then I imagine it will hop back up to $75 per month.