Author Topic: American Express Delta - 60,000 Mile Bonus Plus $50 Statement Credit!  (Read 4481 times)

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
Earn 60,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 4 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new card within the first 4 months. The current offer that is widely available ends on July 5th, however if you use this link you have until July 27th to sign up! 60,000 Miles can get you 2 roundtrip domestic tickets (if your dates are flexible). I signed DW up for this offer and will be signing up myself - will use the miles to take the family to St. Croix! Enjoy, message me if you have any questions! Full disclosure, I will receive a 10k mile bonus if you use this link - sign up, then share your own on this thread!

Link is in my signature line if you're interested!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:29:13 PM by ducky19 »

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
Just got the card for myself after meeting the spend on DW's card and promptly bought a Delta gift card for $50 on their website. Credit for the gift card posted the day after the charge, so I now have $100 to spend on a ticket if the points aren't quite enough!

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
Skypesos are arguably the hardest miles to redeem. Prospective travel hackers should be encouraged to run some mock itineraries on delta.com to see what kind of redemption options are available before jumping the gun. It took me close to 4 years to find a use for mine...

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
They are definitely best used when you're planning in advance and have some flexibility. If you have set dates you need to fly, you're right - they can be less than cost efficient. That's why I like using them for vacation as we can start with finding the best flights and then build off of that.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
While the offer for the general public on AmEx's website has dropped to 30,000 miles, if you use the link in my signature you can still get the 60,000 bonus miles through 7/26/17 - don't wait if you're thinking about it!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 01:28:43 PM by ducky19 »

sjlp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Skypesos are arguably the hardest miles to redeem. Prospective travel hackers should be encouraged to run some mock itineraries on delta.com to see what kind of redemption options are available before jumping the gun. It took me close to 4 years to find a use for mine...
I am also pretty sure that Delta looks at how many miles I have in my account, then prices the reward flight 5,000 Skypesos higher. And then I earn another 5,000 and what do you know, the price has increased exactly 5,000.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
Yeah, I've never had that happen. I do know flights fluctuate from day to day, week to week, an so on. Best advice I can give is to keep looking.

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
I was thinking about this some more - it would be easy enough to validate if this is actually happening. Just use an incognito browser and check the same flight without logging in. I know using airline miles isn't as easy as UR miles, but I still get a ton of value out of the things. Good luck!

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
Yeah that definitely doesn't happen. They just fluctuate.

sjlp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Joking about the Skypesos big brother... mostly...

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
Re: American Express Delta - 60,000 Mile Bonus Plus $50 Statement Credit!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 07:31:59 AM »
Gotcha - like I said, I have seen them fluctuate for sure. I looked at AmEx's site and the current offer to the general public is at 40k miles. The offer in this link will still get you 60k as long as you apply for the card by next Wednesday (July 26).

ducky19

• Pencil Stache
Re: American Express Delta - 60,000 Mile Bonus Plus $50 Statement Credit!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 08:14:06 AM »
Last day to take advantage of this offer! I just booked a flight from St. Thomas to O'Hare in Delta Comfort (free booze, more leg room) for 22,500 miles!