Author Topic: ACP internet provider subsidy and income requirements  (Read 2006 times)

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
ACP internet provider subsidy and income requirements
« on: May 10, 2022, 07:20:28 AM »
We're a little to FatFire at present, but others might be able to benefit from this: https://www.cnet.com/home/internet/how-to-apply-for-the-affordable-connectivity-program/!

uniwelder

• Handlebar Stache
Re: ACP internet provider subsidy and income requirements
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 07:40:08 AM »
We just switched internet service yesterday and I looked at the program a little, but not enough.  From the link provided, it shows a 2 person household would qualify for the $30 subsidy if their annual income was less than 36k, regardless of whether they use the other benefits such as SNAP, assisted housing, Medicaid, etc.  I need to examine this a bit further.  Thanks

cool7hand

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 08:16:37 AM »
We just switched internet service yesterday and I looked at the program a little, but not enough.  From the link provided, it shows a 2 person household would qualify for the $30 subsidy if their annual income was less than 36k, regardless of whether they use the other benefits such as SNAP, assisted housing, Medicaid, etc.  I need to examine this a bit further.  Thanks

We're all in this together. I hope it works for you!

eostache

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 06:05:27 PM »
I got on this EBB, now ACP, plan last fall. I am on ACA Medicaid so I qualified for EBB. I had DSL through Century Link. I tried a few times to get CL to apply my EBB benefit but they kept giving me the runaround.

I was getting flyers in my mailbox from Spectrum telling me that I qualified for free internet so I called them up. They seemed to have a database of addresses that qualified for EBB, they didn't need my EBB conf number.

They sent me a modem and router. I had to have a tech come out and fix all the coaxial cables and hook it up. No charge for all this but I did tip the tech $20 because he was here working for 1.5 hours. I have the 30mbps internet which is plenty for our use. All my Spectrum bills have been $0.

From what I have heard the ACP is a permanent program now. I want to stay on ACA Medicaid as long as I can as it's great health coverage where I live.

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 01:04:47 PM »
Verizon has 300/300 FIOS ACP Internet now for $0.  ACA Medicaid has been locked in due to the pandemic emergency which is still on.  ACP income goes up to 200%, while Medicaid is 138% FPL.

katsiki

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 01:32:37 PM »
Does anyone know how one must prove size of household?  I have a friend who could benefit from this program.  They may not qualify as 1 but they support a relative (who lives with them).  That person is undocumented, so proof might be problematic.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!