Author Topic: $50 in free clothes - please let me know if this isn't allowed  (Read 4875 times)

nellebird

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hey,  I also shared it in the "share your badassity" community. Let me know if I need to delete the double post and I can.

I found a post on reddit to get $50 of clothes for free and it worked. I've since gotten another $50 in free clothes from referrals.

Here's how you do it
1. click on the link you'll get a $15 credit. https://www.schoola.com/stitch/rf523395
2. Click the Collection tab at the top, and at the bottom of the dropdown it says Create New Collection. A new screen will pop up and on the left side where you can click create a collection and select your preferences. Make sure and save the collection - this adds another 10 dollars to your account.
3. Browse the website and add $50 worth of clothing to your bag/cart. Remember: the collection button has a under $5 section which will get you the most of your money.
4. Once you’re ready to check out, go to your bag and input your shipping info and payment info. Use promo code ‪#‎schoolasummer‬. Make sure to include the #. This coupon will takes 50% the total price. Half of 50 is $25, but you have earned $25 in free credit, so it comes out free!
BAM! - you're welcome. And if you use my link - I get another $15 credit - so that'd be awesome. Free clothes for everyone!

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
Re: $50 in free clothes - please let me know if this isn't allowed
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 09:16:03 AM »
Is it only for kids and women?

nellebird

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 07:46:10 PM »
That seems to be the bulk of it, but I've now bought stuff for my husband, my dad and my brother on it.

You'll want to go under teen boys, and then search the sizes that you are. It brings up men's sizes.

The sorting features are a bit off and clumsy, but if you're ok sorting a bit - you can come out with some nice clothes for free.

tonysemail

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:51:50 AM »
thanks for the referral.  I gave it a try just now. 

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:45:20 AM »
Hmm... not getting your $15 credit. Got the $10 for the collection and the half off, but my total is coming out to be $15 and change. Anyone else have this problem?

tonysemail

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 11:03:11 AM »
The referral code worked fine for me yesterday.   
the $15 credit did not show up in my shopping cart until I proceeded to check out.
But I ended up paying $2 in sales tax because I forgot to include that when I was shopping.
Maybe it turns out that giving away $50 of clothes for FREE isn't such a great business model ;-)

FYI, there is this review site which has some negative feedback.
So I would keep expectations low.
www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.schoola.com

if you'd like to try a different referral code, here's mine.
https://www.schoola.com/stitch/rf557265

CheapskateWife

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: Hill Country, TX - Being a blueberry in the Tomato Soup
  • FIRE'd and Loving it!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 11:24:20 AM »
So there is the idea that this website is donating a significant portion of its proceeds to Charitable foundations...for instance, this pair of capri's:

https://www.schoola.com/stitch/products/calvin-klein-blue-bottom-727088

Sells for $14.95 and of that $5.94 will go to programs for kids at Schoola Scholars Fund in San Francisco, CA.

Maybe gaming this isn't really in the spirit of the site's intent....kind of like staying in Public Housing long after you no longer need the subsidy.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 11:30:41 AM »
FYI, there is this review site which has some negative feedback.
So I would keep expectations low.
www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.schoola.com

A number of my facebook friends have used schoola before, so when I posted my referral link there they couldn't use it, but were excited to see more people using schoola.

Shipping apparently is really slow, and clothes are not always great condition (but are marked 'blemished' on the site)- but otherwise everyone was very happy.

Maybe gaming this isn't really in the spirit of the site's intent....kind of like staying in Public Housing long after you no longer need the subsidy.
Based on how it was worded the donation still gets given if you use the promo codes. They are presumably doing this to drive up business.  I didn't know about them before. Now that I do- I am pretty likely to use them again.

lifejoy

• Magnum Stache
  • Lovin' the Mustachian life!
    • Not Buying This
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 11:41:42 AM »
USA only :)

Just tried it and it seems to work... except for the shipping part ;)

lifejoy

• Magnum Stache
  • Lovin' the Mustachian life!
    • Not Buying This
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »
So there is the idea that this website is donating a significant portion of its proceeds to Charitable foundations...for instance, this pair of capri's:

https://www.schoola.com/stitch/products/calvin-klein-blue-bottom-727088

Sells for $14.95 and of that $5.94 will go to programs for kids at Schoola Scholars Fund in San Francisco, CA.

I think you make a good point. However, I'm choosing to see it as similar to when Clearly Contacts / Coastal Eyeglasses did "First Pair Free" and people took advantage BUT it was phenomenal advertising and now they're making a killing.

SomedayStache

• Pencil Stache
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 08:04:01 AM »
‪#‎schoolasummer has ended for anyone else reading this.