Author Topic: Post FIRE roadtrip  (Read 2725 times)

Cap_Scarlet

• Bristles
    • EarlyRetireFree
Post FIRE roadtrip
« on: September 25, 2017, 03:07:19 PM »
We're on our first post-retirement road trip to the US - follow the journey!

http://earlyretirefree.com/category/travel/west-coast-usa/

Irishtache

• Stubble
Re: Post FIRE roadtrip
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 05:34:24 PM »
Great stuff. Your previous page has been open on my browser for weeks. Enjoying your trip report as l intend to to similar when we FIRE next year. Keep it coming!

Mr. Green

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 08:18:35 AM »
This is something we want to do very much! Being from the East Coast, I've never been to most of the West Coast natural attractions. We want to exchange our car for something a little larger (so we can semi-live out of it) and take a multi-month tour of the west coast, hitting all the major parks and landmarks that interest us.

Cap_Scarlet

• Bristles
    • EarlyRetireFree
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 10:24:52 AM »
This is something we want to do very much! Being from the East Coast, I've never been to most of the West Coast natural attractions. We want to exchange our car for something a little larger (so we can semi-live out of it) and take a multi-month tour of the west coast, hitting all the major parks and landmarks that interest us.

You should do it!

Hope our journey gives you some food for thought.

nottoolatetostart

• Bristles
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:32:01 PM »
So Fun! We are doing something like this next summer. No idea how long we will be gone, a few places we must hit up, but can't wait. Enjoy your trip.

DeskJockey2028

• Pencil Stache
  • Aiming for 2028
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 07:49:19 AM »
Looks like an awesome time! My wife and I are planning a massive, 70+ day road trip about a month after I hang up my working hat. Which is, like 10.5 years from now but still... I'll live vicariously through you!

Romag

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 12:30:58 PM »
Have fun! I did a trip out west when I retired from the Army in 2015. Flew to my brother's place in Montana, then meandered through Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton NPs, then to Salt Lake City. Continued to Great Basin NP (a little-known gem) and then met up with friends in Reno. From there I went to Yosemite NP and made my way to San Francisco where I met up with more friends and ran the half-marathon before flying back east.

It was a great trip and seeing your plans brings back fond memories!
Looking forward to doing the Grand Canyon and the Utah parks in the near future.