Author Topic: Health Insurance for 39 year old family of three in Michigan, no existing condit  (Read 1880 times)

Huffduf41

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Hey-

The latest run up in the stock markets has me thinking crazy things.  I did some searching and didn't find anything about health insurance costs near me.  Anyone have a ballpark number for what it costs a year to have a high deductible health plan in Michigan?

Thanks

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
Go to healthcare.gov, enter some information (age of family members, county of residence, income) and you'll be able to see the options.

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
Go to healthcare.gov, enter some information (age of family members, county of residence, income) and you'll be able to see the options.
Yup, this. Unless you live in a state that set up their own exchange like WA or CA. The ACA/Obamacare is the early retiree’s best friend in the US of backwards A.

Huffduf41

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Went thru the .gov gauntlet, now I have to wait for someone to contact me????  So odd and reason 8,679 I'm against government anything.

Thanks for the help though.

jim555

• Magnum Stache

Laserjet3051

• Pencil Stache
While not MI, i can provide a reference point here. A Gold ACA plan for my family of 4 in CA ran $2,100 per month (without subsidy).

Huffduf41

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
You could check out:
https://www.kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

Thanks Jim this is exactly what I was looking for, quick and dirty.  I withdrew my application at .gov. 

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
Went thru the .gov gauntlet, now I have to wait for someone to contact me????  So odd and reason 8,679 I'm against government anything.

Thanks for the help though.

No need to actually apply. There's this page where you can browse plans without setting up an account or anything.

Huffduf41

• 5 O'Clock Shadow

[/quote]

No need to actually apply. There's this page where you can browse plans without setting up an account or anything.
[/quote]

this is awesome, thank you

Michael in ABQ

• Magnum Stache
While not MI, i can provide a reference point here. A Gold ACA plan for my family of 4 in CA ran $2,100 per month (without subsidy).

Wow. I have insurance through the National Guard but I just checked my state plans for kicks. At age 35 in New Mexico both the Silver and the Gold plans for my family are $600-$700 per month. With some basic information they estimated about a $115/month tax credit. Bronze plans are a bit less at $450- $575/month before subsidy. That subsidy climbs quickly as my income drops. If I go from $90k to $65k it jumps to about $400/month. Still, I'll take an extra $25k in income over $275/month in health insurance subsidy.

I pay about $230/month with my military insurance and the copay is $150/person or $300 for the family.

Cali4en

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
The cost of ACA coverage varies wildly depending on where you live and your demographics.

Our 94% AV Silver plan in Texas is less than $45/mo this year with no copays for visits/meds and a $675 ded/oop.  However, our insurer has a cash rewards program for things like getting a flu shot and an annual physical.  Maxing out the rewards program means we're actually going to get paid about $450 to have insurance this year.

So be sure to check all the options on your relevant ACA exchange.  You never know what you might find, dependent on your particular situation, of course.