Author Topic: ACA signup.. How do you know you're enrolled?  (Read 2704 times)

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
ACA signup.. How do you know you're enrolled?
« on: November 03, 2019, 01:43:29 PM »
I signed up for the Bronze plan on Friday, hit the final submit button and then the webpage hung.. The little circle went round and round.

I left it for an hour and no change.. hit page refresh and it just gave me  an error page... grr.

So I go into HC.gov now and it shows the plan I selected on the 2020 applications page and it says "Active".

Also when I go to the next steps page (where you have to upload documents) the "enroll in a plan" button is not active.. its greyed out.

So I assume this is it, its all done and applied for correctly?

I still have to pay my first months premium prior to 15th December and I'll call the insurance provider to do that next week.

RExplorer

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: ACA signup.. How do you know you're enrolled?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 02:57:22 PM »
You can call healthcare.gov to confirm that all is ok.  We’ve found them to be very helpful, although depending when you call, you’ll have to wait in a queue.

Cali4en

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 03:15:41 PM »
Healthcare.gov has to transmit your policy choice and your payment/subsidy details to your insurance provider for billing, which can take a few days sometimes.  If you are able to pay your first month premium, then that means the exchange properly registered you and sent the info over.

So you'll know if there was a glitch or not when you call to pay your premium.

2Muchfun

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 04:48:05 AM »
I signed up last week also. I got an email confirmation. If you didn't, you may want to log back on and complete your sign-up.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 10:06:28 AM »
I just got an email saying "you haven't selected your plan yet".. Yet I go onto HC.gov and it shows my elected plan and looks perfect.

I wonder how many $billion we paid for this website?

I finally found how to re-invigorate the plan selection button and completed the application.

This time I got the email saying it was complete except I have to pay the first month premium... So I'm good to go.

AdrianC

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2019, 07:36:23 AM »
I wonder how many $billion we paid for this website?
I had to put in my naturalization cert numbers...again, and tell them that my 13 and 12 year old's aren't married... Drives me nuts every time. We did get email confirmation.

Selected the lowest cost Bronze plan, again. Made no sense to go with an HSA, which costs more for less coverage, though the deductible is lower with the HSA (???). Those of you with basically zero premium are probably better off with an HSA.  We flirt with the subsidy cliff and have some regular tests that are cheaper if we don't go with an HSA.