Author Topic: Words/phrases I wish would go away  (Read 614972 times)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Words/phrases I wish would go away
« Reply #1800 on: April 07, 2021, 10:09:05 AM »
Just saw this on Bogleheads: "ignore the neigh-sayers".

Mr. Ed does not want to be ignored.

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #1801 on: April 07, 2021, 10:16:43 AM »
"Fold in the cheese"

"You just fold it in!"
I give "fold in" a pass because it is a technical way of stirring in something such as egg whites or white cream so that it gets combined without loosing the air that was beaten into previously.  But if the cheese in question is just cheese and going into somethings without the need to protect the lightness or airiness then that would not get a pass.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1802 on: April 07, 2021, 10:56:42 AM »
"Fold in the cheese"

"You just fold it in!"
I give "fold in" a pass because it is a technical way of stirring in something such as egg whites or white cream so that it gets combined without loosing the air that was beaten into previously.  But if the cheese in question is just cheese and going into somethings without the need to protect the lightness or airiness then that would not get a pass.

It's a joke.

It's a Schitt's Creek reference.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1803 on: April 07, 2021, 01:34:15 PM »
"Fold in the cheese"

"You just fold it in!"

But how do you fold little bits of broken cheese?

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1804 on: April 07, 2021, 02:19:48 PM »
How? How do you fold it? Do you fold it in half like a piece of paper and drop it in the pot, or what do you do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywzrUJnmTo

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1805 on: April 07, 2021, 02:29:58 PM »
How? How do you fold it? Do you fold it in half like a piece of paper and drop it in the pot, or what do you do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NywzrUJnmTo

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO BE ANY CLEARER.

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #1806 on: April 07, 2021, 03:41:42 PM »
"Fold in the cheese"

"You just fold it in!"

It's a joke.

It's a Schitt's Creek reference.
oops, continuing my geeky existence of not understanding cultural references.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1807 on: April 07, 2021, 04:18:23 PM »

Never a bad thing to realize that you missed a joke because you failed to spend forty hours of your life watching a TV show... :-)

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1808 on: April 07, 2021, 04:30:00 PM »

Never a bad thing to realize that you missed a joke because you failed to spend forty hours of your life watching a TV show... :-)

Lol, exactly. None of us are cool for watching Schitt's Creek. Schitt's Creek is cool, but it's not a transitive property.

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1809 on: April 08, 2021, 09:01:37 PM »
Can I just be grumpy and say how much I dislike how many words have become baby-fied?  Southwest Airlines just sent me an email about options for my "vacay." 

I know I'm officially a senior citizen but geez.  I think language and grammar skills are going backwards in our country as it is, but now we're all expected to talk like teenagers?   Ugh. 

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1810 on: April 08, 2021, 09:59:10 PM »
Can I just be grumpy and say how much I dislike how many words have become baby-fied?  Southwest Airlines just sent me an email about options for my "vacay." 

I know I'm officially a senior citizen but geez.  I think language and grammar skills are going backwards in our country as it is, but now we're all expected to talk like teenagers?   Ugh.

Shortening words is definitely not particular to teenagers. Middle aged folks have been guilty of this for a long, long time.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #1811 on: April 09, 2021, 05:22:50 AM »
The phrase: “You should buy a lottery ticket!” - said when a person experiences some random unlikely event.

It annoys me as someone who’s studied and taught statistics, where the concept of independent events is key.  No, just because I drove my toddler to daycare with my coffee-cup perched on the roof without falling doesn’t mean I’m any more likely to win the lottery.

Plus, playing the lottery is stupid.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1812 on: April 09, 2021, 08:51:57 AM »
The phrase: “You should buy a lottery ticket!” - said when a person experiences some random unlikely event.

It annoys me as someone who’s studied and taught statistics, where the concept of independent events is key.  No, just because I drove my toddler to daycare with my coffee-cup perched on the roof without falling doesn’t mean I’m any more likely to win the lottery.

I just take that as a way of saying you are lucky today.

If anyone who knows me says that to me they are definitely just saying I was lucky, because I don't buy lottery tickets.  To go OT, I  know families who buy lottery tickets as part of their
Christmas presents for each other.  I've always wondered about unspoken expectations of possible sharing of big winnings.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1813 on: April 09, 2021, 12:16:16 PM »

If anyone who knows me says that to me they are definitely just saying I was lucky, because I don't buy lottery tickets.  To go OT, I  know families who buy lottery tickets as part of their
Christmas presents for each other
.  I've always wondered about unspoken expectations of possible sharing of big winnings.

Ha! This is our family.  It's the one and only time I get lottery tickets, and my parents confessed that it started as a way of keeping my otherwise distractible brother occupied for 10-15 minutes while people were unwrapping presents.
We've also had the discussion about who would share the winnings should one person hit 'the big one' - tellingly my parents, sister and I have all sworn we'd divide any winnings >$200 equally among the family members, though my brother has said "i'm keeping it all for myself".  Which brings up the question whether we'd cut him in on a big payout (we probably would...). 

I work with a bunch of guys who buy scratchers every damn payday.  Like they'll go to the corner store (or depanneur, if you prefer) and get 20 tickets of so.  Every so often they'll come out ahead, 'justifying' the spending spurge.  So depressing... not surprisingly they have no savings to speak of.

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1814 on: April 09, 2021, 12:50:06 PM »

Christmas presents for each other
.  I've always wondered about unspoken expectations of possible sharing of big winnings.

Ha! This is our family.  It's the one and only time I get lottery tickets, and my parents confessed that it started as a way of keeping my otherwise distractible brother occupied for 10-15 minutes while people were unwrapping presents.
We've also had the discussion about who would share the winnings should one person hit 'the big one' - tellingly my parents, sister and I have all sworn we'd divide any winnings >$200 equally among the family members, though my brother has said "i'm keeping it all for myself".  Which brings up the question whether we'd cut him in on a big payout (we probably would...). 

I work with a bunch of guys who buy scratchers every damn payday.  Like they'll go to the corner store (or depanneur, if you prefer) and get 20 tickets of so.  Every so often they'll come out ahead, 'justifying' the spending spurge.  So depressing... not surprisingly they have no savings to speak of.

My mom does this too. Every year we get a couple scratch tickets in our Christmas stockings. Seems pretty harmless if it's only once a year. We all know we're not going to win big so there's no sense in talking about what would happen.

Jimbo

• Stubble
« Reply #1815 on: April 09, 2021, 01:09:59 PM »
I have a 'funny' story with scratchoff lottery tickets. I'll confess to something: my wife and I enjoyed them for entertainment in the past. We bought them maybe once or twice a year, so not a big deal. But still, we were entertained I guess.

This happened until some years back we realized: you know, even if we win, those things pay out like 10 or 25k$... That is not a life changing amount at all... And then the 'what would we do with this money' talks were answered by 'add it to the pile/pay back a portion of the house loan'... Quite boring.

Haven't bought them since.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1816 on: April 09, 2021, 02:31:07 PM »
I have a 'funny' story with scratchoff lottery tickets. I'll confess to something: my wife and I enjoyed them for entertainment in the past. We bought them maybe once or twice a year, so not a big deal. But still, we were entertained I guess.

This happened until some years back we realized: you know, even if we win, those things pay out like 10 or 25k$... That is not a life changing amount at all... And then the 'what would we do with this money' talks were answered by 'add it to the pile/pay back a portion of the house loan'... Quite boring.

Haven't bought them since.

If we are going to buy them, let's go big and get 6/49s.   ;-)

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1817 on: April 09, 2021, 03:20:53 PM »
I get so annoyed when I get scratchers for Christmas from my husband's grandpa. He's on a fixed income, he should just keep the $20.

Honestly, the best thing that's happened so far was when all $20 were duds, because most of the time there's like $2 in winnings and now I have a chore to go into a gas station to redeem them and it's hardly worthwhile.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1818 on: April 09, 2021, 06:03:18 PM »
Just read an article where the author wrote something about doing "less repetitions."

It's weird, as the fewer / less question has only become really noticeable to me in the last few years. I used to have to *think* about which word to use. But now when someone says the wrong one, I feel it in my bones without having to consciously consider whether the item in question can be counted or not.

And I wonder if there are people that feel this way about further / farther. Because I swear I will never learn that one.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1819 on: April 09, 2021, 06:19:01 PM »
Just read an article where the author wrote something about doing "less repetitions."

It's weird, as the fewer / less question has only become really noticeable to me in the last few years. I used to have to *think* about which word to use. But now when someone says the wrong one, I feel it in my bones without having to consciously consider whether the item in question can be counted or not.

And I wonder if there are people that feel this way about further / farther. Because I swear I will never learn that one.

Isn't "farther" for physical distance and "further" for conceptual distance?

As in:
"My house is a little farther down the road"
And
"My project should be further along by now"

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1820 on: April 09, 2021, 06:51:23 PM »

As in:
And

Maybe?  I could look it up right now obviously, but why bother when I'll just forget again in 20 minutes?  That sounds very familiar, I know it's something like that, but it's just never taken hold in my brain.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1821 on: April 09, 2021, 07:02:33 PM »

As in:
And

Maybe?  I could look it up right now obviously, but why bother when I'll just forget again in 20 minutes?  That sounds very familiar, I know it's something like that, but it's just never taken hold in my brain.

I had never actually thought about it, that's just what made sense to me. But I googled it, and it seems accurate.
To me, something is "far" and something more far is "farther".

Nothing is "fur" or more "fur", so that's the more abstract one.

Evidently, according to Google, the distinction is more American, whereas historically, they were more interchangeable.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1822 on: April 09, 2021, 08:21:08 PM »

As in:
And

I had never actually thought about it, that's just what made sense to me. But I googled it, and it seems accurate.
To me, something is "far" and something more far is "farther".

Nothing is "fur" or more "fur", so that's the more abstract one.

Evidently, according to Google, the distinction is more American, whereas historically, they were more interchangeable.
There's a great bit on this point in the movie, "Finding Forrester", which is a great little film. I always use the concept of physical distance to tell the difference, but far/fur is a good trick, too.

And @sui generis, that one drives me crazy! I've noticed it a lot lately from people who should know better.

Jenny Wren

• Pencil Stache
  • Just another dharma bum
« Reply #1823 on: April 09, 2021, 10:21:48 PM »

This made me think of one of my huge peeves - the word "baby" being used instead of "new" or "novice." As in: "I'm a baby gardener" or "I'm a baby cook." I recently had someone contact me for professional advice, and they started out with, "I'm just a baby writer.." No you are not! Although I am sure there is an infant prodigy our there somewhere that can write, you are not that prodigy. You are a 38, Susan. You haven't been a "baby anything" for quite some time.

It's almost always grown-ass women that I hear using this term. It makes me cringe every single time. I've spent much of my adult life in male-dominated spaces where it is a common tactic to infantilize females. Must we do it to ourselves as well?

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1824 on: April 10, 2021, 07:21:52 AM »
Used to be the cute word to start off an answer to any question was "so". 

"Joy, what did you do today?"    "So, I went to the store"

Now they are using the word "Ya" instead of so, to answer any question.

"Joy, what did you do today?"    "Ya, I went to the store"

Political  types do this on TV interviews a lot.

Why do they need a cute intro word? Why not just answer the question?  Annoying.   

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1825 on: April 10, 2021, 11:25:25 AM »
I asked DW about this, and she told me a story about a college roommate who would use the word ‘whatnot’, as in, “I packed my clothes and whatnot.”  The roommate used whatnot so much that DW despises it. This is totally funny to me because I had a college love who used the phrase ‘and whatnot’ a lot, so much that years later it’s actually the only phrase I distinctly remember her saying. I’d say DW’s hatred of whatnot has worked out well for us.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1826 on: April 10, 2021, 02:03:03 PM »
Used to be the cute word to start off an answer to any question was "so". 
Why do they need a cute intro word? Why not just answer the question?  Annoying.

Ironically, I'm finding your use of the word "cute" in this post to be very irritating :-)

I think repeatedly starting sentences with words like "So, ... " "Yeah, ..." "Well, ..." is a mental delaying tactic. Maybe it would be awkward not to respond immediately to a question (like in an interview); maybe they are in a conversation where they're trying to get their foot in the door and not let someone else start talking (which could be aggressive or defensive depending on who they're talking to). Whatever the situation, the bottom line is that they haven't quite formulated what they want to say yet, so they give themselves a moment to think with a filler word.

With some people it seems to become a constant habit and it even creeps into their written language when replying quickly (e.g. in text chats or social media comments). I have a friend who is constantly text-message responding to me with "So, ..." messages.

GreenSheep

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1827 on: April 10, 2021, 02:58:10 PM »
I hear a lot of people in interviews answer a question with "Yeah..." even if it wasn't a yes or no question, or even if the answer is actually negative. "Tell us about how you got started with this." "Yeah, it was about 10 years ago..." I guess it's a filler word, and it doesn't bother me much when it's just an average person answering questions, but when it's someone who speaks professionally for all or part of their income... they should know better, and they should listen to recordings of themselves to help themselves improve.

The above isn't even a terribly egregious example. It's amazing how many "ums" and "uhs" and "you knows" and other absolutely irritating verbal tics I hear from professional speakers!!

On the other hand, I also hear people say "no" when they mean "yes" -- even something as blatant as, "These are the best tacos ever!" "No, I totally agree!" And then there's "Yeah, NO." That one apparently means "no" despite the "yeah" at the beginning. Le sigh... I'm a native English speaker, and I find this annoying. I can't imagine what someone who's learning English must think!

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1828 on: April 10, 2021, 04:20:37 PM »
I hear a lot of people in interviews answer a question with "Yeah..." even if it wasn't a yes or no question, or even if the answer is actually negative. "Tell us about how you got started with this." "Yeah, it was about 10 years ago..." I guess it's a filler word, and it doesn't bother me much when it's just an average person answering questions, but when it's someone who speaks professionally for all or part of their income... they should know better, and they should listen to recordings of themselves to help themselves improve.

The above isn't even a terribly egregious example. It's amazing how many "ums" and "uhs" and "you knows" and other absolutely irritating verbal tics I hear from professional speakers!!

On the other hand, I also hear people say "no" when they mean "yes" -- even something as blatant as, "These are the best tacos ever!" "No, I totally agree!" And then there's "Yeah, NO." That one apparently means "no" despite the "yeah" at the beginning. Le sigh... I'm a native English speaker, and I find this annoying. I can't imagine what someone who's learning English must think!

I remember when "yeah no" was getting started and felt like it was definitely meant as a way the speaker sort of pretends they were easing from a socially lubricating agreement with the listener into a firm disagreement. It felt a little funny and like it definitely has its appropriate uses at the time. Now it's just used rampantly for no reason at all it seems.

I totally do not get the phenomenon of starting an agreement with the word no, though. I've really tried to consider whether there's some implied other thing they are negating before they get to an agreement (like is it usually used in response to a statement like, "I might be crazy, but I love tacos" and so the no is negating the person being crazy and the rest of the sentence is agreeing about tacos) but in most actual uses I don't see it at all.

JetBlast

• Bristles
« Reply #1829 on: April 10, 2021, 05:17:17 PM »
The current usage of the word ‘woke’ by many conservatives in the US.

The right wing has turned it into a word to mock any ideas they disagree with and anyone who promotes those ideas. Instead of accepting that someone could have a different opinion, they confidently assert that anyone promoting an idea they don’t like is just trying to “act woke” to avoid getting “cancelled” by left wing mobs.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1830 on: April 11, 2021, 05:48:23 PM »

I remember when "yeah no" was getting started and felt like it was definitely meant as a way the speaker sort of pretends they were easing from a socially lubricating agreement with the listener into a firm disagreement. It felt a little funny and like it definitely has its appropriate uses at the time. Now it's just used rampantly for no reason at all it seems.

I totally do not get the phenomenon of starting an agreement with the word no, though. I've really tried to consider whether there's some implied other thing they are negating before they get to an agreement (like is it usually used in response to a statement like, "I might be crazy, but I love tacos" and so the no is negating the person being crazy and the rest of the sentence is agreeing about tacos) but in most actual uses I don't see it at all.

It's the new "um" to begin your statement. I do it all the time (um and yeah). For some reason, the first word out of my mouth isn't what I actually need to say unless it's something I've rehearsed in my head. My wife was a national-level debater in high school and it drives her nuts when professional speakers are uming all over the place.  I was in a lecture at one of my military schools and the subject matter was already dry. The speaker had no idea what he was talking about and spent most of time time quoting directly from the textbook. I started marking my notes every time he said "um" and "basically." I think every 10th word was one of them.

"Yeah - no." is meant to have an air of sarcasm. I'm not just disagreeing with you, but I'm making fun of you by briefly making it look like I might see your point of view.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1831 on: April 13, 2021, 08:44:20 AM »
"Touch base" and other corporate manager-speak substituted for having actual concrete goals for a meeting.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1832 on: April 13, 2021, 10:25:56 AM »
"Touch base" and other corporate manager-speak substituted for having actual concrete goals for a meeting.

Makes me think of this:
https://youtu.be/GyV_UG60dD4

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1833 on: April 13, 2021, 10:56:12 AM »

Makes me think of this:
https://youtu.be/GyV_UG60dD4

Haha, that link was exactly what I was expecting.

GreenSheep

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1834 on: April 13, 2021, 11:26:06 AM »

This reminds me of someone I know who always says "touch bases." Plural. Why?!!

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1835 on: April 13, 2021, 12:34:03 PM »

This reminds me of someone I know who always says "touch bases." Plural. Why?!!

Maybe they won’t settle for a single...?

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1836 on: April 13, 2021, 02:17:34 PM »
CSPAN had a guy in a suit being interviewed, an expert on something, and he started every answer with "Yeah".  We're doomed !

I noticed that the captioning I have on was removing the "Yeahs". I suppose that's a good thing.   

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1837 on: April 13, 2021, 05:39:09 PM »

It's the new "um" to begin your statement. I do it all the time (um and yeah). For some reason, the first word out of my mouth isn't what I actually need to say unless it's something I've rehearsed in my head. My wife was a national-level debater in high school and it drives her nuts when professional speakers are uming all over the place.  I was in a lecture at one of my military schools and the subject matter was already dry. The speaker had no idea what he was talking about and spent most of time time quoting directly from the textbook. I started marking my notes every time he said "um" and "basically." I think every 10th word was one of them.

All of those filler words decrease the speaker’s credibility.  Justin Trudeau can’t get through a sentence without saying “uh.”  He’s the Prime Minister for God’s sake, get some speech lessons.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1838 on: April 13, 2021, 05:44:02 PM »

All of those filler words decrease the speaker’s credibility.  Justin Trudeau can’t get through a sentence without saying “uh.”  He’s the Prime Minister for God’s sake, get some speech lessons.

And he taught drama?  Imagine going to a play and having actors saying uh and yeah and er.  It would be authentic.  And boring.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1839 on: April 16, 2021, 10:05:18 AM »
You know how "decimate" means "reduce by 10%"? I'm looking for the inverse of that.

What's the word for "reduce by 90%"?

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1840 on: April 16, 2021, 10:07:51 AM »
You know how "decimate" means "reduce by 10%"? I'm looking for the inverse of that.

These days?  Decimate.  Apparently it now means 10% are left. And yes, I know that is not what it really means, it just seems to be used that way.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1841 on: April 16, 2021, 10:25:22 AM »

These days?  Decimate.  Apparently it now means 10% are left. And yes, I know that is not what it really means, it just seems to be used that way.

I’ll admit to not knowing this, but after considering the word “deci” (ten) it makes perfect sense...

Captain Cactus

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1842 on: April 16, 2021, 10:29:19 AM »
Probably already identified in the previous posts of the thread, but I'll add my 2 cents on the various phrases used to "normalize" unhealthy, etc... behaviors. 

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1843 on: April 16, 2021, 10:38:48 AM »

I’ll admit to not knowing this, but after considering the word “deci” (ten) it makes perfect sense...

Given that noni- (or sometimes novi-?) are prefixes referring to 90s, I would guess it would technically be nonimate. 

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1844 on: April 16, 2021, 11:10:45 AM »
Probably already identified in the previous posts of the thread, but I'll add my 2 cents on the various phrases used to "normalize" unhealthy, etc... behaviors.

Huh?  I'm don't understand what you mean here...

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1845 on: April 16, 2021, 11:42:16 AM »

Huh?  I'm don't understand what you mean here...
I think this is a reference to the very first post of the thread.

merula

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1846 on: April 19, 2021, 06:54:09 AM »

Given that noni- (or sometimes novi-?) are prefixes referring to 90s, I would guess it would technically be nonimate.

That'd be "reduce by one in nine". I don't think there's a word for reduce by nine of ten.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1847 on: April 21, 2021, 06:51:01 AM »
Patriot.

I think anyone who uses this word isn't using it correctly.  They use it to attack and judge others and they also use it to justify bad behavior.

Not just today -- going back decades.  I don't want this to turn political, so no need to call out who you think uses it correctly/incorrectly.  Let's just agree that whatever side of the political spectrum you're on, you think the other side uses the word wrong.  Therefore, it's become a nonsense word and should go away. 

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1848 on: April 21, 2021, 06:58:32 AM »
"Let's Be Clear"

This has become ubiquitous among politicians across the ideological spectrum.
It's like the free-space on your buzz-word bingo card, having supplanted "common-sense legislation" popular a decade or so ago.

Every time I hear it I want to sarcastically respond: "Nooo.... let's obfuscate! That's soooo much better!"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 07:02:00 AM by nereo »

Nick_Miller

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: A sprawling estate with one of those cool circular driveways in the front!
« Reply #1849 on: April 21, 2021, 07:37:35 AM »
Patriot.

I think anyone who uses this word isn't using it correctly.  They use it to attack and judge others and they also use it to justify bad behavior.

Not just today -- going back decades.  I don't want this to turn political, so no need to call out who you think uses it correctly/incorrectly.  Let's just agree that whatever side of the political spectrum you're on, you think the other side uses the word wrong.  Therefore, it's become a nonsense word and should go away.

Yeah it's hard to think of using "Patriot" these days without it being utilized in loaded political terms. As an aside, have you noticed that people on Twitter who put "patriot" in their bio are generally some of the biggest ass hats on the planet? So I think that supports your point.

Another word I hate hearing is "onboarding." God I hate corporate speak, with their "optics" and onboarding" and crap. I'm very lucky to have never had to work for a big corporation. I wouldn't last a week.