Author Topic: What TV series do you like?  (Read 699967 times)

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
Re: What TV series do you like?
« Reply #850 on: August 31, 2019, 01:26:34 PM »
I am trying to like Carnival Row on Prime, but it hasn't grown on me yet although I'm on episode 3...  the characters are pretty good, the sets/coustumes/etc. are amazing, the lore is deep, but I'm just not feeling it!  I like it enough to keep going though, and it is slowly growing on me.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 03:44:36 PM by EscapeVelocity2020 »

lost_in_the_endless_aisle

« Reply #851 on: September 01, 2019, 05:19:28 PM »
As if I needed yet another show to watch, I've started watching The OA on Netflix. Very unusual sci fi show. I had only watched part of the first episode awhile back, and wasn't that interested in it. But then I read an LA Times article about how fans of the show went on a hunger strike when Netflix dropped the show after the 2nd season. One fan was in fact a tv writer herself.
So I gave the show a 2nd try and the plot definitely improved and captured my interest.
I'm a huge fan of The OA (have already dropped 5lbs on this hunger strike!). Actually heard one conspiracy theory the show wasn't really cancelled and that is a set-up for season 3/4 (will make more sense after season 2). I would suggest to wait a while before starting season 2 after watching 1--there are different interpretations you can have of season 1 that are constrained by season 2. I actually thought it was a miniseries when u watched it since season 1 is so perfectly self-contained.

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #852 on: September 02, 2019, 08:18:21 AM »
As if I needed yet another show to watch, I've started watching The OA on Netflix. Very unusual sci fi show. I had only watched part of the first episode awhile back, and wasn't that interested in it. But then I read an LA Times article about how fans of the show went on a hunger strike when Netflix dropped the show after the 2nd season. One fan was in fact a tv writer herself.
So I gave the show a 2nd try and the plot definitely improved and captured my interest.
I'm a huge fan of The OA (have already dropped 5lbs on this hunger strike!). Actually heard one conspiracy theory the show wasn't really cancelled and that is a set-up for season 3/4 (will make more sense after season 2). I would suggest to wait a while before starting season 2 after watching 1--there are different interpretations you can have of season 1 that are constrained by season 2. I actually thought it was a miniseries when u watched it since season 1 is so perfectly self-contained.

The 2nd season finale is maybe the only TV show that I've wandered around for days after with my mind feverishly trying to figure out what I just saw. Bring back The OA!

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #853 on: September 02, 2019, 10:24:12 PM »
Well, it took until the final episodes 7 and 8, but Carnival Row was worth the effort.  It is certainly playing toward future seasons, but does well with a satisfying conclusion and launch by the end of season 1.  Not my highest praise, buy lofty.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #854 on: September 03, 2019, 03:06:54 AM »
I've been watching the prime original The man in the High Castle and absolutely love it. Basically America loses world War 2 and the country is split in half the west being The Japanese Empire and the East being Nazi Germany. There is a buffer zone between them called the neutral zone. But really good show and makes you kinda think how good we do have it with all the political garbage always going on these days.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #855 on: September 04, 2019, 06:48:37 AM »
Well, it took until the final episodes 7 and 8, but Carnival Row was worth the effort.  It is certainly playing toward future seasons, but does well with a satisfying conclusion and launch by the end of season 1.  Not my highest praise, buy lofty.

Carnival Row is not for the faint-hearted. I love the sets, costumes, etc. And the basic premises aren't too bad...if a little preachy. (Immigration, prejudice--the message is too obvious.) But the boring use of F-bombs every other sentence...the icky violence and sex--it's just too dark for me. Having said that, I am going to try to watch the whole season. So far I'm part way through episode 3. This isn't a family show, in case you haven't figured that out by now. I don't think it's even for teens. I'd say 18 and older.

On the other hand, The Dark Crystal: The Age of Resistance on Netflix is awe-inspiring. Families can definitely watch this one, although the skeksis are too scary for the littler kids, I would say. The world-building, the sets, costumes, music--OMG, the puppetry--amazing. It is a pre-quel story to the old movie The Dark Crystal from 20 some years ago. So far I've seen three episodes, and will definitely watch the whole series.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #856 on: September 05, 2019, 08:28:59 PM »
I rolled straight in to Dark Crystal after Carnival Row.  The nostalgia alone is enough to keep me coming back.  I'm only on the second episode, but I love it.  In this age of perfect CGI, I find that the production is true to what I remember the original to be like.  The story is very much on the nose, but that is true to the original also from what I recall.  I love that the long tail of the internet allows room for something like this!

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #857 on: September 12, 2019, 09:40:41 PM »
Anyone watching Netflix 'The I-Land'?  I'm hoping it's not a 'Lost' or 'Survivor' wannabe, but I'm giving it a try.  The pacing seems pretty good, and they make fun of the 'Lost' letdown explanation about 10 minutes in to get that out of the way...  Also, if I were to FIRE on a deserted tropical island, this might be useful :)

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #858 on: September 13, 2019, 03:56:29 PM »
Started watching "Playing House" on Amazon Prime and highly recommend it. It's a dramedy about two female best friends (late 30s, I think) who move in together when one, who is pregnant, discovers that her husband is cheating on her. They have many ridiculous adventures. It's very warm and funny--it reminds me a bit of "Gilmore Girls" (in that it's set in a small town with lots of characters) but is not nearly as twee. I heard it recommended on NPR several years ago and have never been able to find it on streaming until now--I think it was originally broadcast on USA but for some reason only recently crossed over to streaming.

Thanks for the suggestion @Noodle I'd never heard of Playing House before but I'm enjoying it as a light, goofy show. I'm amazed by how many recognizable actors are in it!

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #859 on: September 13, 2019, 03:59:00 PM »
Been catching up on Doctor Who.  Man I love this show.  It seems so light and fluffy on the surface, but goes pretty deep and often quite dark.  Very, very British!

I'm on the 2nd season with Peter Capaldi as the Doctor and it's much better than the first.  And the first wasn't bad!

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #860 on: September 14, 2019, 06:58:43 AM »
We finished both seasons of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" and it really is a terrific show. Funny as heck and full of stuff we love like stand-up comedy and 1950s Americana. Their cast is wonderful too.

Now we're moving on to Marvel's "The Runaways" which is a teen show about a group of high school kids who discover their parents are supervillains and then team up to try to stop them. We've only seen one episode so far and it's full of angst and teen drama with soap opera style synthesizer music. It's made for Hulu so the budget is smaller than a network show, but it's a fun concept and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Noodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #861 on: September 14, 2019, 10:14:11 AM »
We finished both seasons of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" and it really is a terrific show. Funny as heck and full of stuff we love like stand-up comedy and 1950s Americana. Their cast is wonderful too.

Now we're moving on to Marvel's "The Runaways" which is a teen show about a group of high school kids who discover their parents are supervillains and then team up to try to stop them. We've only seen one episode so far and it's full of angst and teen drama with soap opera style synthesizer music. It's made for Hulu so the budget is smaller than a network show, but it's a fun concept and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is one of my favorites!  If you decide you like "Runaways" you should try "Cloak and Dagger" which is also available via Hulu. That's another teen superhero drama (Marvel). It's a bit darker than Runaways but what I like about it is that a) it's set and actually films in New Orleans (love shows which get outside LA/Vancouver/Toronto to film)  b) deals with the issue of race, but in a somewhat unusual way (the African-American male lead is from a wealthy, well-educated family while the white female lead is a petty criminal from a poor family, and the show talks about how privilege and race intersect in some weird ways for them) and c) the casting director should get some kind of award, because the chemistry between the two leads is just great. The one weak point of the show is that for plot reasons it keeps the two leads apart for much of the series, and it's much stronger when they are sharing scenes.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #862 on: September 16, 2019, 02:58:31 PM »

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is one of my favorites!  If you decide you like "Runaways" you should try "Cloak and Dagger" which is also available via Hulu. That's another teen superhero drama (Marvel). It's a bit darker than Runaways but what I like about it is that a) it's set and actually films in New Orleans (love shows which get outside LA/Vancouver/Toronto to film)  b) deals with the issue of race, but in a somewhat unusual way (the African-American male lead is from a wealthy, well-educated family while the white female lead is a petty criminal from a poor family, and the show talks about how privilege and race intersect in some weird ways for them) and c) the casting director should get some kind of award, because the chemistry between the two leads is just great. The one weak point of the show is that for plot reasons it keeps the two leads apart for much of the series, and it's much stronger when they are sharing scenes.

I'll have to check that out. It sounds interesting. I like when shows explore complex issues in entertaining ways. Marvel is often good at that kind of stuff.

Nick_Miller

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: A sprawling estate with one of those cool circular driveways in the front!
« Reply #863 on: September 30, 2019, 08:06:22 AM »
My wife and I loved the "This is Us" premiere. The writers never fail to disappoint. I like shows that take risks.

SaucyAussie

• Bristles
« Reply #864 on: September 30, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »
Good to see Fleabag getting recognized at the Emmys.  The great thing about Fleabag is that you will know within the first 5 minutes whether or not it is a show for you.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #865 on: October 01, 2019, 11:31:24 AM »
Succession is the best tv I have seen since I finished up The Americans a year ago.

It is a family drama about an elderly business tycoon whose 4 children want to get their hands on his huge company. The writing is sharp, the  casting and acting superb. Season 2 even better than season 1.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #866 on: October 01, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »
Pennyworth

Hooked upon watching the pilot.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #867 on: October 01, 2019, 12:34:21 PM »
Good to see Fleabag getting recognized at the Emmys.  The great thing about Fleabag is that you will know within the first 5 minutes whether or not it is a show for you.

Yep.  About 5 minutes into the first episode of Fleabag my wife and I were like . . . "this is a great show!"

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #868 on: October 01, 2019, 01:11:33 PM »

Yep.  About 5 minutes into the first episode of Fleabag my wife and I were like . . . "this is a great show!"

the opening scene of season 2 was great.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #869 on: October 01, 2019, 08:46:29 PM »
Heteropaternal superfecundation - watching the first season of "American Horror Story" on Netflix and the tie-in to gruesome history as well as these references are keeping me going.  It's not bad but no great, but I had to quote that phrase just because it is pretty awesome that they have a clinical, diagnostic, almost sophisticated term for this issue!  I'll probably skip some seasons, but I heard that the asylum season was good.

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #870 on: October 02, 2019, 08:30:43 AM »
we started watching 'undone' on amazon. i'm not sure if it's good or not but it's certainly interesting.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #871 on: October 05, 2019, 11:49:50 AM »
Heteropaternal superfecundation - watching the first season of "American Horror Story" on Netflix and the tie-in to gruesome history as well as these references are keeping me going.  It's not bad but no great, but I had to quote that phrase just because it is pretty awesome that they have a clinical, diagnostic, almost sophisticated term for this issue!  I'll probably skip some seasons, but I heard that the asylum season was good.
I dipped my toe into American horror story now and then but I don’t find it to be interesting or clever. The sets, costumes, characters, and Themes are interesting,theoretically, but the execution is just flat.

StarBright

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #872 on: October 07, 2019, 08:00:59 AM »
I dipped my toe into American horror story now and then but I don’t find it to be interesting or clever. The sets, costumes, characters, and Themes are interesting,theoretically, but the execution is just flat.

Like many, I find AHS to be super hit or miss. I enjoyed season 1, thought S2 was excellent (but didn't enjoy it as much), S3 is my absolute favorite, was indifferent to 4 and 5 (so much so that I never finished them) and then loved the Roanoke season.  I always come back and try out a new season though, since each one varies so much in tone and style. I have high hopes for this new 1984 season!

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #873 on: October 07, 2019, 08:27:44 AM »

Like many, I find AHS to be super hit or miss. I enjoyed season 1, thought S2 was excellent (but didn't enjoy it as much), S3 is my absolute favorite, was indifferent to 4 and 5 (so much so that I never finished them) and then loved the Roanoke season.  I always come back and try out a new season though, since each one varies so much in tone and style. I have high hopes for this new 1984 season!

Good to know about Roanoke! I liked the first three seasons, thought the fourth was merely okay, and am struggling to get into the fifth. I’ve been fascinated by the Roanoke colony story since childhood, so I was hoping that series would be worth watching.

« Reply #874 on: October 07, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
After being mad at Netflix for all its garbage for a while, I did watch Unbelievable this weekend (8 episode miniseries so no angst over whether or not the Gods of Thoroughly Bad Taste at Netflix will renew for subsequent seasons). It is based on the true story of a rape in WA that is reported to the police but they conclude the crime is fabricated. Years later, a string of related rapes turn up in CO with similar characteristics. Wonderful in more ways than just being a great detective story. Not sure in general how closely it all follows the true story but the victim in WA indicated her story was told very well.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #875 on: October 07, 2019, 08:42:22 PM »
Yes I thought Unbelievable was also an excellent show, and I understand that it closely hews to the actual events according to the Marshall Project, which is a criminal justice reform news source.

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #876 on: October 08, 2019, 06:56:38 AM »
+1 for Unbelievable

I just watched the first episode of Diagnosis, based on the NYTimes' long-running medical diagnosis series. I thought it was really interesting. Although also incredibly frustrating because, as a former pediatric specialist, I know the woman could have been diagnosed as a teenager if she had been referred to a childrens' hospital. The show itself doesn't outright condemn the US health care system for her failure to be diagnosed for a decade and it's not at all political. But it's hard not to catch the subtext, especially when the woman's crushing medical debt is mentioned.

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #877 on: October 16, 2019, 07:54:23 AM »
sort of on topic: i only use one streaming service at a time and i'm about to quit amazon and i've already had netflix. what service would you recommend next?

Noodle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #878 on: October 16, 2019, 08:41:02 AM »
sort of on topic: i only use one streaming service at a time and i'm about to quit amazon and i've already had netflix. what service would you recommend next?

I like Hulu. They have all the current shows from ABC, NBC and Fox, plus some shows from cable (sometimes in real time, sometimes delayed by a few months) and a huge archive of older network television such as ER. If you don't opt for the more expensive live-streaming, you do have to wait a day or two for episodes, but there's very little that I feel like I have to watch in real time. They also do some original series such as The Handmaid's Tale. Apparently they are going to be the outlet for the more "adult" Marvel and Disney properties while the family-friendly stuff will go to the upcoming Disney service.

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #879 on: October 16, 2019, 12:34:22 PM »

HBO Now has a bunch of great stuff, it's only $15.  Unlike Netflix or Amazon, HBO has a very high percentage of quality shows.  You could spend a few months watching the stuff on there before moving on to a different service. 

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #880 on: October 16, 2019, 01:27:27 PM »

We have both basic Netflix and Hulu (two services was how I convinced husband to drop cable), but I think we'll probably drop Netflix for a while after we binge the next season of the Crown. We both enjoy the variety on Hulu and became completely engrossed in the Handmaid's Tale.

A couple of friends have BritBox and love that service. It's great if you like classic British sitcoms. I might ask for a short subscription to that service for Christmas so that I can watch Are You Being Served and Vicar of Dibley.

« Reply #881 on: October 16, 2019, 05:20:45 PM »

HBO Now has a bunch of great stuff, it's only $15.  Unlike Netflix or Amazon, HBO has a very high percentage of quality shows.  You could spend a few months watching the stuff on there before moving on to a different service.
+1

HBO likely has, on average, the highest quality programming. And in a few months, The New Pope is coming out. I know it's sacrilegious to say this, but I can't decide who is sexier: Jude Law in a speedo or John Malkovich as PopeThe Young Pope itself was very well made and successfully balanced a diverse set of themes (character study, the nature of faith, childhood abandonment, the miraculous, politics, moral ambiguity, the intersection of tradition and modernity, hypocrisy, agape versus romantic love, etc., etc.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #882 on: October 17, 2019, 05:29:55 AM »
Been catching up on Doctor Who.  Man I love this show.  It seems so light and fluffy on the surface, but goes pretty deep and often quite dark.  Very, very British!

I'm on the 2nd season with Peter Capaldi as the Doctor and it's much better than the first.  And the first wasn't bad!

I've been watching the first season--not sure what I think of it--it is so weird and different. Very hokey. But I'm just going to continue watching, and kind of go with the flow. I think I'm going to either love it or hate it, and I don't yet know which it will be.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #883 on: October 17, 2019, 06:22:34 AM »
Was somehow convinced to start watching a K-Drama, Romance is a Bonus Book, and am absolutely loving it. It's quirky - not sure how much is really quirky and how much is just standard Korean fare - and funny, keeps me interested and the love story is sweet (so far anyway).

TVRodriguez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #884 on: October 17, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »
I recently watched Workin' Moms, Seasons 2 & 3, now available on Netflix (season 1 was on there a while back).  It's a Canadian half-hour comedy, and it's uneven, but when it's funny, wow it is sure funny.  I find that I do not like the main characters very much at all; they're all way too selfish.  But I kind of like that the creator, who is also the main writer and who plays the main character, is willing to portray a character like this.  There is a touch of Don Draper attractive-selfish anti-hero to her, a touch of Seinfeld ridiculous-observant humor, and there are tiny moments of realism that literally make me laugh out loud.  The characters are unbelievably privileged, as many sitcom characters can be, but somehow I like it.  But sometimes they even seem to realize that, and I like that sort of self-awareness, too.  The last season had a storyline that I am sure could be quite offensive to someone more religious than I, a mediocre Catholic, and I don't think it was handled very well, tbh, but that still didn't drive me away.

(Edited to fix a typo)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 09:13:34 AM by TVRodriguez »

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #885 on: October 17, 2019, 07:31:00 PM »
I recently watched Workin' Moms, Seasons 2 & 3, now available on Netflix (season 1 was on there a while back).  It's a Canadian half-hour comedy, and it's uneven, but when it's funny, wow it is sure funny.  I find that I do not like the main characters very much at all; they're all way too selfish.  But I kind of like that the creator, who is also the main writer and who plays the main character, is willing to portray a character like this.  There is a touch of Don Draper attractive-selfish anti-hero to her, a touch of Seinfeld ridiculous-observant humor, and there are tiny moments of realism that literally make me laugh out loud.  The character's are unbelievably privileged, as many sitcom characters can be, but somehow I like it.  But sometimes they even seem to realize that, and I like that sort of self-awareness, too.  The last season had a storyline that I am sure could be quite offensive to someone more religious than I, a mediocre Catholic, and I don't think it was handled very well, tbh, but that still didn't drive me away.

This sounds so much like It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to me.  I have a soft place in my heart for that show, although a lot of it falls flat or is downright offensive (usually intentionally in a [self-]mocking way, but sometimes also just plain offensive). It has like 11 seasons.

TVRodriguez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #886 on: October 20, 2019, 09:35:27 AM »
I finally watched Fleabag, both seasons in rapid succession if not quite a binge.  Loved it.

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #887 on: October 20, 2019, 09:38:01 AM »
Been watching The Americans on Amazon Prime.  I started watching it as a companion piece to the book I am reading - Postwar.  I have to say, they make a very nice pairing. 

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #888 on: October 21, 2019, 08:01:33 AM »
GF and I binged Killing Eve season two over the weekend.  Great show.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #889 on: October 21, 2019, 08:26:09 AM »

Aww, I got all excited about this and then discovered it isn’t on Hulu yet. Boo.

I agree, though, great show. I’m glad to learn that the second season is just as engrossing.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #890 on: October 21, 2019, 08:35:11 AM »

Aww, I got all excited about this and then discovered it isn’t on Hulu yet. Boo.

I agree, though, great show. I’m glad to learn that the second season is just as engrossing.
Yeah, apparently coming to Hulu in December.  Can't stream it on BBC America or AMC even with a cable login so until then the only option is to buy the season for $20 on Amazon or sail the high seas.

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #891 on: October 21, 2019, 09:46:07 AM »
we just started 'the durrells in corfu' on amazon. light hearted fare.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #892 on: October 21, 2019, 10:11:11 AM »

Yeah, apparently coming to Hulu in December.  Can't stream it on BBC America or AMC even with a cable login so until then the only option is to buy the season for $20 on Amazon or sail the high seas.

Oh, good. We'll be done with "The Crown" and "What We Do in the Shadows" by then.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #893 on: October 23, 2019, 07:16:02 PM »
A new season of Castle Rock is on Hulu. Season 1 was great. It looks like they’re taking the same approach as American Horror Story, with a different storyline and characters each season.

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #894 on: October 26, 2019, 05:16:31 AM »

I've been watching the first season--not sure what I think of it--it is so weird and different. Very hokey. But I'm just going to continue watching, and kind of go with the flow. I think I'm going to either love it or hate it, and I don't yet know which it will be.

I'm still chugging along in the second season. They just defeated the Dalek invasion of Earth, and Susan has just left the group to marry the nice Earth guy. William Hartnell is still Dr. Who. The show is getting much better--still hokey, but compelling hokey rather than stupid, cringe-worthy hokey. I think I'm in for the long haul.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #895 on: October 31, 2019, 10:45:31 PM »
Watching season 8 of American Horror Story - Apocalypse.  Really good so far, on episode 2.

Nick_Miller

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: A sprawling estate with one of those cool circular driveways in the front!
« Reply #896 on: November 04, 2019, 01:58:32 PM »
Has anyone watched the new (short) Queer Eye series that takes in Tokyo?

The first episode was legitimately heart-wrenching for me. I adored the woman (Yoko) and admittedly shed some tears. Even with the language barrier (which they explain at the very end), the intimacy and connection seemed very authentic to me and my family. I know it's just a TV show, but I think the Fab 4 are awesome and so ridiculously funny.

There are only four episodes, so we are spacing them out a bit to avoid binging them all in one or two nights.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #897 on: November 05, 2019, 07:58:07 PM »
Just started Season 2 of Jack Ryan on Prime - good stuff!  It is sad that Venezuela struggles like they do with all the natural resources they could rely on to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.  But who am I to judge, America is the popular, rich QB that is acting like Johnny Manziel right now...  Nice to have this escape from reality!

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #898 on: November 07, 2019, 03:12:49 PM »
Has anyone watched the new (short) Queer Eye series that takes in Tokyo?

The first episode was legitimately heart-wrenching for me. I adored the woman (Yoko) and admittedly shed some tears. Even with the language barrier (which they explain at the very end), the intimacy and connection seemed very authentic to me and my family. I know it's just a TV show, but I think the Fab 4 are awesome and so ridiculously funny.

There are only four episodes, so we are spacing them out a bit to avoid binging them all in one or two nights.

Well, now you have to tell us which one you hate, since it is The Fab 5   =P

wbranch

• Stubble
« Reply #899 on: November 08, 2019, 10:34:02 AM »
I am looking forward to His Dark Materials on HBO, really enjoyed the books 10+ years ago. Anyone catch the first episode yet? Plan to cancel netflix and have HBO Now so might get around to watching it this weekend.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!