Author Topic: What TV series do you like?  (Read 705884 times)

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
Re: What TV series do you like?
« Reply #2000 on: April 15, 2022, 09:06:42 PM »
I just watched the first two episodes of Outer Range on Prime, so far so good.  I like trippy twilight zone type of sci-fi shows like this. 

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2001 on: April 16, 2022, 03:35:00 AM »
Bloodline on Netflix.

Dysfunctional family puts it lightly. Black sheep of family comes home, and all hell breaks loose.

It is 3 seasons, and I am totally addicted to it!

Finished the three seasons of Bloodline. The last two episodes were pretty disappointing, and I really got tired of the dead brother haunting his killer brother. It just got old. To me the series was really good and I couldn't stop watching it but the end was a total let down. I don't think I am alone thinking this because I saw some other comments elsewhere that basically repeated what I said. One other thing that I did not like is so many scenes were dark to the point you want to ask, don't these people have many lights in their houses? There were also dark outside scenes that you really couldn't see what was going on as well. UGH, I am totally let down on this series!

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2002 on: April 16, 2022, 06:40:43 AM »
Just finished The Last Kingdom.  Always going to be comparisons to Vikings (and rightfully so).  It was better in some ways, and worse in others.  The one thing I LOVED about Vikings that was missing from The Last Kingdom was the occasional use of Old English and Old Norse.  They're both cool sounding languages.

Both are great series in their own way.  Without ruining anything, I think my favorite part of the series was the evolution of Alfred's character.  Uhtred, IMO, was the "main" character but he was there just to tell the story (aside from the fact he is fictional).  They way they try to explain why he doesn't get mentioned in any historical writings is pretty interesting.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #2003 on: April 16, 2022, 10:32:51 AM »
Just finished the HBO series Chernobyl. Very interesting especially considering current events.

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2004 on: April 16, 2022, 10:57:24 AM »
Just finished the HBO series Chernobyl. Very interesting especially considering current events.

That is my favourite series of the last decade.  I rewatch every year since it was released when HBO hits my streaming service rotation. 

SaucyAussie

• Bristles
« Reply #2005 on: April 16, 2022, 01:07:20 PM »
Bloodline on Netflix.

Dysfunctional family puts it lightly. Black sheep of family comes home, and all hell breaks loose.

Finished the three seasons of Bloodline. The last two episodes were pretty disappointing, and I really got tired of the dead brother haunting his killer brother. It just got old. To me the series was really good and I couldn't stop watching it but the end was a total let down. I don't think I am alone thinking this because I saw some other comments elsewhere that basically repeated what I said. One other thing that I did not like is so many scenes were dark to the point you want to ask, don't these people have many lights in their houses? There were also dark outside scenes that you really couldn't see what was going on as well. UGH, I am totally let down on this series!

Spoiler: show
Definitely poor planning to kill off Ben Mendelsohn in season 1.  Maybe they didn't realize how good he is.  He ended up winning the Emmy for season 2, even though he was dead.

If you ever take a drive down to the Florida Keys it's a lot of fun to visit the Bloodline locations, including the Rayburn house, the boatyard, and a bunch of the bars.

sonofsven

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2006 on: April 17, 2022, 12:01:34 PM »
It's not really a "TV series", but I love the "Dangerous Roads" mini documentaries on YouTube. There are dozens of them.
I realize the title is a little click baity, but the ones I'm referring to are put out by Tony Comiti productions (he is a French ex war correspondent).
They are really fabulous views of real people around the world and the journeys they undertake to move people, animals, and goods, by car, truck, boat, bicycle, and foot. Oh, and sometimes zip line.
Eye opening to view from our privileged western experience.

Here's a link to a new one shot in Sierra Leone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw4BM3FNXpY

davisgang90

• Handlebar Stache
    • Photography by Rich Davis
« Reply #2007 on: April 17, 2022, 04:51:19 PM »
We've been bingeing the medical drama "House". It's an older series, but we like to find series with a bunch of seasons to watch. Hugh Laurie's character is an absolute ass (my wife calls him this multiple times per episode) but we enjoy it.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #2008 on: April 17, 2022, 09:08:01 PM »
We've been bingeing the medical drama "House". It's an older series, but we like to find series with a bunch of seasons to watch. Hugh Laurie's character is an absolute ass (my wife calls him this multiple times per episode) but we enjoy it.

I enjoyed "House" -- Hugh Laurie plays a very convincing misanthrope. Been meaning to go back and watch the episodes I missed.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2009 on: April 19, 2022, 04:45:00 AM »
I finished Lucifer and spent the long weekend binging Upload. Only one episode left. It is only two seasons but I rarely manage to actually binge watch something without taking a break, especially not multiple seasons. I have to admit I'm looking forward to this month's Prime running out though - the weather is getting too nice to be stuck to a screen all the time.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2010 on: April 19, 2022, 09:06:14 AM »
Jumping in to this thread.  I don't watch that much TV (prefer to spend more of my screen time on video games), though I do have a daily 'TV date' with my wife, who watches a lot more than I do.  Recent mentions that get a thumbs-up from me are Bloodline, Upload, and Chernobyl.  My wife also made her way through The Last Kingdom, and noted that while she didn't think she was going to like it, she ended up enjoying it a lot. 

We're currently watching the latest season of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and finished Atypical before that.   

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2011 on: April 19, 2022, 09:09:22 AM »
Yellowstone lived up to the hype for my wife and I.  You can get Peacock Premium for free if you are a Comcast internet customer.

brandon1827

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2012 on: April 20, 2022, 07:18:30 AM »
We loved Yellowstone also. I'm a bit eager to try Outer Range on Amazon. A blurb I read about it likened it to Yellowstone with a sci-fi twist, and Josh Brolin is pretty good...so I think we'll give that one a day in court soon.

Virtus3

• Stubble
« Reply #2013 on: April 20, 2022, 08:35:47 AM »
I've been binging Timeless. Parts of it can be a little cheesy but overall it's an interesting concept (time travelling to stop the bad guys from changing history), the characters are relatable, and the cast is good. I enjoyed the story line of season 1 more but understand the pivot and am still enjoying season 2.

Will probably give Outer Range a try soon. Normally I don't watch as much TV as I have been recently but I'm sidelined with an MCL injury...

Watchmaker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2014 on: April 20, 2022, 08:50:55 AM »
Just finished the third season of My Brilliant Friend on HBO. It's easily one of the best literary adaptations I've ever seen. The casting is perfect from the two leads all the way down the the smallest characters, and it's a gorgeous looking show as well. Looking forward to the fourth (and last) series, but honestly the first two books were my favorite, and it will probably be the same with the show.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2015 on: April 20, 2022, 12:39:43 PM »
I had no idea they made a TV series out of My Brilliant Friend.  I really am going to have to get HBO for a month or two sometime soon...

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2016 on: April 27, 2022, 11:39:18 AM »
anyone watching 'outer range'? we're 4 episodes in and we have no idea where it's going.

brandon1827

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2017 on: April 27, 2022, 11:50:37 AM »
I started Outer Range at lunch one day but was only able to get around 20 minutes in. I'm trying to convince my wife to give it a shot with me, but it's far down on the list

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2018 on: April 27, 2022, 12:21:23 PM »
anyone watching 'outer range'? we're 4 episodes in and we have no idea where it's going.

Same, but I enjoy those trippy, Twilight Zone, Lost type of shows so it is working for me so far. 

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #2019 on: April 27, 2022, 12:32:30 PM »
I started Outer Range at lunch one day but was only able to get around 20 minutes in. I'm trying to convince my wife to give it a shot with me, but it's far down on the list

Outer Range is good, the characters are 'Twin Peak-esque', but it is soooooo sllllllloooooooowwwwwwwww....  really have to stick with it.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #2020 on: April 27, 2022, 07:12:20 PM »
There are several shows being released this week that look good and I want to watch:

Ozark Season 4 Part 2
Shining Girls (Apple TV+)
Under the Banner of Heaven (FX/Hulu)

brandon1827

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2021 on: April 28, 2022, 08:08:47 AM »
Cannot wait to see the last half of the final season of Ozark...wife and I will probably binge it this weekend

While waiting for Ozark, we started Only Murders in the Building. It's quirky, but cute and a little funny.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2022 on: April 28, 2022, 02:45:50 PM »
Severance continues to be amazing but we are spacing it out to extend the enjoyment. We recently finished Hacks, which was great. Ofpym has been watching Outer Range and says it’s Yellowstone with a mysterious hole.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #2023 on: April 28, 2022, 02:54:26 PM »
I started watching the Mindy Project, which is decent lighthearted fun.  It doesn't feel ten years old most of the time until suddenly there's a reference to something old and it feels like the last decade has been like a century long.

DH and I started watching Homeland and really enjoyed the first few episodes, notwithstanding the excessive female nudity.  It's like there's some mandatory minimum per episode or something.  I've heard for a long time that the series goes downhill at a certain point.  For those that have watched the whole thing, if you had it to do over again, which season would you stop after?

Another "when should I stop?" question.  We just finished Season/Series 5 of Line of Duty, which I think I saw referenced in this thread. We kinda thought this last one just wasn't as good as the others, but we still liked it.  Hulu doesn't carry Season 6, so for those that have seen it...is it worth signing up with BritBox or whatever to watch? 

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #2024 on: April 28, 2022, 04:05:52 PM »
DH and I started watching Homeland and really enjoyed the first few episodes, notwithstanding the excessive female nudity.  It's like there's some mandatory minimum per episode or something.  I've heard for a long time that the series goes downhill at a certain point.  For those that have watched the whole thing, if you had it to do over again, which season would you stop after?

Homeland worth watching in my opinion is S1, S2, S4. Season 3 was not so good, but it bounced back with a very strong second half of season 4. Wish I had stopped after the fourth season though (never bothered with S7 or S8).

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2025 on: May 02, 2022, 03:10:00 PM »
Cannot wait to see the last half of the final season of Ozark...wife and I will probably binge it this weekend

While waiting for Ozark, we started Only Murders in the Building. It's quirky, but cute and a little funny.

Finished the last season of Ozark and loved it! Loved the whole series! I am sure there are many different ways this last season could have ended, but I am satisfied with it.

I watched Bloodline to the end of that series and was SOOOO disappointed with the ending. It started off as a really good story and kind of spiraled out of control at the end and was terrible. I guess the show was supposed to have another season but that was cancelled so the hodged podged the last season. It was a total letdown. I am still mad! GRRRR!!!

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2026 on: May 02, 2022, 04:21:03 PM »
RE: Homeland I did enjoy every season for different  reasons. Loved Carrie and saul.

brandon1827

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2027 on: May 03, 2022, 07:13:19 AM »
Finished the last season of Ozark and loved it! Loved the whole series! I am sure there are many different ways this last season could have ended, but I am satisfied with it.

We finished last night. I was a little surprised at the ending as I thought things might turn out differently for the Byrde family...but I think it was a fitting ending that worked well with how the entire 4 seasons went.

Moonwaves

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2028 on: May 09, 2022, 02:12:17 AM »
I watched the 7-episode 7 Lives of Léa on Netflix over the weekend and really enjoyed it. It reminded me a little bit of Russian Doll (possibly because I watched that recently) but is actually about a modern-day 17-year-old waking up each day in a different body in 1991 (her parents and friends).

It's kind of a murder mystery teen drama steeped in 90s nostalgia, even if the nostalgia hits slightly different because it's set in France. I was 17 in 1991 so it definitely gave me lots of feels, both for the scenes set in the past and the realisation of how long ago that is now (because it pretty much feels like yesterday).

I found the ending made me feel similar to the way I felt about Thelma and Louise - kind of hated it but couldn't see any other way it could possibly have ended.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #2029 on: May 09, 2022, 07:27:10 PM »
I watched the 7-episode 7 Lives of Léa on Netflix over the weekend and really enjoyed it. It reminded me a little bit of Russian Doll (possibly because I watched that recently) but is actually about a modern-day 17-year-old waking up each day in a different body in 1991 (her parents and friends).

It's kind of a murder mystery teen drama steeped in 90s nostalgia, even if the nostalgia hits slightly different because it's set in France. I was 17 in 1991 so it definitely gave me lots of feels, both for the scenes set in the past and the realisation of how long ago that is now (because it pretty much feels like yesterday).

I found the ending made me feel similar to the way I felt about Thelma and Louise - kind of hated it but couldn't see any other way it could possibly have ended.

Thanks for sharing, I love finding these obscure gems that fly under the radar.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2030 on: May 11, 2022, 03:08:51 PM »
Bloodline on Netflix.

Definitely poor planning to kill off Ben Mendelsohn in season 1.  Maybe they didn't realize how good he is.  He ended up winning the Emmy for season 2, even though he was dead.

If you ever take a drive down to the Florida Keys it's a lot of fun to visit the Bloodline locations, including the Rayburn house, the boatyard, and a bunch of the bars.

If I remember  right, Bloodline came to the awkward end due to forces outside of the writing. was it a s hurricane?  Or Covid? Some thing like that affected their end storyline and it showed.

Agree, Mendelssohn was perfect for that role, he inhabited that character. That year his was the one Emmy nomination I wanted to see happen, and sure I was pleased when he won  as well, but I thought if  this guy isn’t nominated for an Emmy then I’m gonna stomp off and not watch TV ever again.

The youngest brother is also a good actor and if you don’t know him, you’ll be surprised to know that he has won two Tony awards for hisBroadway roles. He’s from my town, St. Louis. He is quite a talented guy, and who would guess that he can command a Broadway role since he’s so good at that Bloodline fumbling irritating little brother role?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 03:10:40 PM by iris lily »

Hula Hoop

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2031 on: May 12, 2022, 09:16:26 AM »
I'm in the midst of watching Season 3 of Derry Girls. Using a VPN to tune into All4 in the UK if anyone is wondering.  The first two seasons are on Netflix and are amazing.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2032 on: May 12, 2022, 03:25:17 PM »
Bloodline on Netflix.

If I remember  right, Bloodline came to the awkward end due to forces outside of the writing. was it a s hurricane?  Or Covid? Some thing like that affected their end storyline and it showed.

Agree, Mendelssohn was perfect for that role, he inhabited that character. That year his was the one Emmy nomination I wanted to see happen, and sure I was pleased when he won  as well, but I thought if  this guy isn’t nominated for an Emmy then I’m gonna stomp off and not watch TV ever again.

The youngest brother is also a good actor and if you don’t know him, you’ll be surprised to know that he has won two Tony awards for hisBroadway roles. He’s from my town, St. Louis. He is quite a talented guy, and who would guess that he can command a Broadway role since he’s so good at that Bloodline fumbling irritating little brother role?

It is a shame they mishmashed the end. I loved the show in the beginning and then it took a huge nosedive at the end. What a shame because good actors, good story, disappointing disjointed ending. Lots of unfinished business with the characters.

charis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2033 on: May 13, 2022, 08:30:39 AM »
Bloodline on Netflix.

We really enjoyed Bloodline too. I agree that it could have ended stronger, but I would still recommend.

uniwelder

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2034 on: May 13, 2022, 09:00:07 AM »

Thanks for sharing, I love finding these obscure gems that fly under the radar.

We started watching 7 Lives of Lea based on the recommendation here.  Thanks!

Edited to add— just finished the series and I was really drawn in to it. A great love story.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 07:37:42 PM by uniwelder »

ObviouslyNotAGolfer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2035 on: May 13, 2022, 11:55:14 PM »
My wife and I do not have much in common in terms of movies and TV, but we do both love The Sopranos (a series we found nearly two decades late!) and the X-Files (which we loved from the beginning). We really loved all of Anthony Bourdain's shows and still miss him! We have watched some of those episodes over and over...

We are trying to find a new drama/comedy series. We watched S1E1 of Mad Men, but we couldn't get into it. We could not quite figure out why we should care about any of the characters. Sure, Don is cool and the sets and props are very nice (I love mid-Century modern), but otherwise, we do not feel too inspired to watch the next episode. Does the series get better as it progresses?

We are also trying to find a new travel series. We have watched nearly all of the Rick Steves' Europe.

My wife likes Supernatural. I watched one episode and thought it was dumb, dumb, dumb.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2036 on: May 14, 2022, 02:36:53 AM »
My wife and I do not have much in common in terms of movies and TV, but we do both love The Sopranos (a series we found nearly two decades late!) and the X-Files (which we loved from the beginning). We really loved all of Anthony Bourdain's shows and still miss him! We have watched some of those episodes over and over...

We are trying to find a new drama/comedy series. We watched S1E1 of Mad Men, but we couldn't get into it. We could not quite figure out why we should care about any of the characters. Sure, Don is cool and the sets and props are very nice (I love mid-Century modern), but otherwise, we do not feel too inspired to watch the next episode. Does the series get better as it progresses?

We are also trying to find a new travel series. We have watched nearly all of the Rick Steves' Europe.

My wife likes Supernatural. I watched one episode and thought it was dumb, dumb, dumb.

Mad Men was great, and yes, it started a bit slow. It does a great job with character development and reflecting how many things changed during the 60s, and the atmospheric details (set design, costuming, music choices, use of period-specific media) are practically another character. It's one of my favorite shows of all time (up there with the rebooted Battlestar Galactica).

Yes, Don is the central character, but in many ways, the show is just as much about it's female characters, who are well written and developed.

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2037 on: May 14, 2022, 02:46:08 AM »

For drama try Breaking Bad

For costume drama try Downton Abby
For costume dramedy try The Marvelous Mrs. Masel

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2038 on: May 14, 2022, 01:56:09 PM »
We started watching 'Devs' on a recommendation from a friend - saying it was similar quality to Severance.  Nearly finished it now, but I have to agree with his assessment.  It's a really, really good show.  Acting, storytelling, camera work, it's all just very well done - with some solid sci-fi questions/problems.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #2039 on: May 14, 2022, 02:59:05 PM »
Stumbled across 'The Big Conn' on Apple Plus.  It was just 4 x 1 hour episodes, but I can't stop watching - on the 4th episode now.  So many twists and turns, it's hard to believe this really happened!  It's interesting the conflicting emotions I'm going through for everyone involved...  unintended and unfair consequences for good people, folks trying to do the right thing and being ignored, and the ability to live 'without moral compass'...

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #2040 on: May 14, 2022, 05:17:06 PM »
We started watching 'Devs' on a recommendation from a friend - saying it was similar quality to Severance.  Nearly finished it now, but I have to agree with his assessment.  It's a really, really good show.  Acting, storytelling, camera work, it's all just very well done - with some solid sci-fi questions/problems.

This one flew under the radar and it is REALLY good. It's created/written/directed by Alex Garland, who also wrote/directed "Ex Machina". The end of this show blew my mind.

evme

• Bristles
« Reply #2041 on: May 14, 2022, 05:19:19 PM »
Mad Men was great, and yes, it started a bit slow. It does a great job with character development and reflecting how many things changed during the 60s, and the atmospheric details (set design, costuming, music choices, use of period-specific media) are practically another character. It's one of my favorite shows of all time (up there with the rebooted Battlestar Galactica).

Yes, Don is the central character, but in many ways, the show is just as much about it's female characters, who are well written and developed.

I agree with @OtherJen, Mad Men is a terrific show but it did start slow. I recommend giving it 3-4 episodes before you give up on it. It's a slow burn. The characters are complex and worth investing some time in. Season 1-4 are absolutely top notch, although I felt the quality of the writing dipped in the final three seasons.

Tyson

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2042 on: May 14, 2022, 06:47:49 PM »
Agreed on Mad Men - exceptionally good show, but does take a while to get going.

SaucyAussie

• Bristles
« Reply #2043 on: May 15, 2022, 09:39:48 AM »
Once you buy into Mad Men, you will find 3 minute scenes where nothing happens except for a guy sips on his scotch, takes a drag on his cigarette, glances at his watch, looks introspective.....and it will be riveting! :)

In some way it reminds me of Downton Abbey in that the storylines are not all that interesting, but the style, dialogue, and acting are so fricking good it makes it all worthwhile.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 01:45:56 PM by SaucyAussie »

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #2044 on: May 15, 2022, 10:56:11 AM »
Also, the second season of 'Made for Love' on HBO Max is really good.  The Zuckerberg-like CEO and Google tech portfolio ideas, definitely enjoying it.

Nick_Miller

• Handlebar Stache
  • Location: A sprawling estate with one of those cool circular driveways in the front!
« Reply #2045 on: May 15, 2022, 04:34:30 PM »

Not to pile on, but definitely give "Mad Men" more than one episode. It's "Breaking Bad" levels of good. In fact, I'd prefer "Mad Men" if forced to choose. Yes, Don stays ridiculously cool throughout the series even though he's a tremendously flawed person, but honestly he and his mysteries are among the least fascinating aspects of the show. Characters like Pete, Peggy, Joan, and Roger (oh the way he delivers his lines, which are among the best in the show) all routinely steal the show from Don. And the journey through the 1960s gives the series a sense of real weight, as you see the characters react to the changing politics and cultural evolutions of the decade. Oh, there are certainly flaws - numerous storylines are developed and then oddly just dropped, but for characters, style, settings, and dialogue, it's hard to top this show.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2046 on: May 15, 2022, 06:18:52 PM »

Not to pile on, but definitely give "Mad Men" more than one episode. It's "Breaking Bad" levels of good. In fact, I'd prefer "Mad Men" if forced to choose. Yes, Don stays ridiculously cool throughout the series even though he's a tremendously flawed person, but honestly he and his mysteries are among the least fascinating aspects of the show. Characters like Pete, Peggy, Joan, and Roger (oh the way he delivers his lines, which are among the best in the show) all routinely steal the show from Don. And the journey through the 1960s gives the series a sense of real weight, as you see the characters react to the changing politics and cultural evolutions of the decade. Oh, there are certainly flaws - numerous storylines are developed and then oddly just dropped, but for characters, style, settings, and dialogue, it's hard to top this show.

I think Pete’s and Peggy’s arcs were my favorites. Joan’s and Roger’s were very close seconds. Outstanding performances from all four actors and from Kiernan Shipka as Sally.

Sandi_k

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2047 on: May 15, 2022, 06:29:31 PM »

We are trying to find a new drama/comedy series.

- Resident Alien
- Breaking Bad
- Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad "prequel", but best if watched after BB)
- Battlestar Galactica
- What We Do in the Shadows
- Flight of the Conchords
- For All Mankind
- Game of Thrones
- Ted Lasso

Dr Kidstache

• Bristles
« Reply #2048 on: May 15, 2022, 08:12:05 PM »

We are trying to find a new drama/comedy series.

- Resident Alien
- Breaking Bad
- Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad "prequel", but best if watched after BB)
- Battlestar Galactica
- What We Do in the Shadows
- Flight of the Conchords
- For All Mankind
- Game of Thrones
- Ted Lasso

I really enjoy Resident Alien too! It's silly but I've watched all the available episodes twice already. I would like the show regardless but I especially like that it centers indigenous characters.

StarBright

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2049 on: May 16, 2022, 09:26:32 AM »
Agreed on Mad Men - exceptionally good show, but does take a while to get going.

This made me think and then I had to go and research.

I have a moment in my brain where I committed to Mad Men and I would have told you it was episode 4 or 5. I looked it up and it was episode 9. So yep- takes a bit to get going.

But dang, the back half of Season 1 is great! In retrospect Eps 8-13 are amazingly epic for a first season drama.

Episode 13 (with the Kodak Carousel pitch) remains one of my favorite episodes of television. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!